Middle Island

I would like to know if property on Middle island is a good move. We are looking to build, but would like to see if anyone on here has a opinion? At this point it would be the north shore. Thanks for any info.

KK

Middle Caicos is rather isolated. One or 2 restaurants and a bar. That's about the extent of it. It is where most of the farming on the islands. If you want an extremely quiet life then that's what you'd get.
There is a ferry to the main island but it's $50 x

Thanks for the info.

Middle Caicos is accessible by plane or by ferry to North Caicos.  There are a couple hundred full-time residents on the island, a few stores and local restaurants.  If you like that kind of thing it is a wonderful place to be.

Most of the farming is done on North Caicos and not Middle.  You take the ferry to North then cross the causeway into Middle.

How is getting a house built there? Or at least getting supplies shipped over?

There are builders with experience building on middle.  Requires organization.  If you are going to build anywhere I would spend as much time onsite as possible.

Thank you lobomago.

Did you end up buying on Middle Caicos?

No not yet, we are working a trip to visit soon. Thanks for the interest, I hope to someday have a little piece of TC for our own.