Basic Salary

I have an offer of 4000 SAR as my basic salary.. (I have additional allowances for accomodation) but is this enough? I'll be working in saudi aramco and planning to find a place to stay in khobar. I am a Filipino and will work there as I.T. Personnel doing paper works and web page enhancements.

For an IT professional working especially in Saudi Aramco, I think 4K for the basic salary isn't fair. Housing allowance here is generally 25% of the basic salary, and transportation allowance is around 10 to 15% of the basic salary, depending on the company. Others provide gas allowance determined by the amount of fuel usage per day.

If you intend to live here moderately, yes that is enough. By moderate, I meant being thrifty. You will have to find ways to make ends meet. Your can earn more in the Manila as an IT professional, I believe.

Are you really going to be an employee of Saudi Aramco or of another company working with Saudi Aramco on a subcontract?

gonzrule wrote:

For an IT professional working especially in Saudi Aramco, I think 4K for the basic salary isn't fair. Housing allowance here is generally 25% of the basic salary, and transportation allowance is around 10 to 15% of the basic salary, depending on the company. Others provide gas allowance determined by the amount of fuel usage per day.

If you intend to live here moderately, yes that is enough. By moderate, I meant being thrifty. You will have to find ways to make ends meet. Your can earn more in the Manila as an IT professional, I believe.

Are you really going to be an employee of Saudi Aramco or of another company working with Saudi Aramco on a subcontract?

Thank you for your response, Yes I'm not a direct hire to Aramco but from a subcontractor. I  don't think I have other options, since i have already accepted the offer, do you think i could still save money? how much? this is my first time going abroad..