Moving to Nha Trang

Hi folks,

My 2 friends and me are going to move to Nha Trang by Feb or Mar next year.

Can anyone advise if the info about cost of living in this link is good enough?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … =Nha+Trang

Thanks so much!

MeoMun wrote:

Hi folks,

My 2 friends and me are going to move to Nha Trang by Feb or Mar next year.

Can anyone advise if the info about cost of living in this link is good enough?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … =Nha+Trang

Thanks so much!

Nice link MeoMum.
Unfortunately the prices are not current(on the street current).
And as you are a Vietnamese citizen,I'm sure you'll be able to get prices well below costs stated in that link.
You are a Vietnamese National and I think you have friends,and friends of friends,who live in/near Nha Trang City who will be more than happy to help you get the best rates for all the things you need.

Hi MeoMun,

The data in given link is quite correct. Here are some of my ideas:
1. Buy foods & drinks : Supper market. They sell same price to all customers (5-10% more expensive than small shop outside) . If you go to local market, it's a must you have a price negotiating skill.
2. Apartment : Don't rent an apartment too closed to the beach. It's only take 5-10 mins by motorbike to get to the beach from Outskirts, so why we must pay double price for that time.
3. Motorbike : If you live more than 2 months, you should buy a motorbike. If you rent a motorbike, it will cost about 5mil / month. A second hand SYM scooter will cost ~ 8-9 mil. After 2 months, you can sell that bike back ~ 6-7 mil ;-)
4. Safety : As some posts mentioned before. Never wearing expensive jewelry, necklaces, handbag when riding etc...
5. Visa : Renew every 3 months

Cheers.  :par:

zanchun wrote:

Hi MeoMun,

The data in given link is quite correct. Here are some of my ideas:
1. Buy foods & drinks : Supper market. They sell same price to all customers (5-10% more expensive than small shop outside) . If you go to local market, it's a must you have a price negotiating skill.
2. Apartment : Don't rent an apartment too closed to the beach. It's only take 5-10 mins by motorbike to get to the beach from Outskirts, so why we must pay double price for that time.
3. Motorbike : If you live more than 2 months, you should buy a motorbike. If you rent a motorbike, it will cost about 5mil / month. A second hand SYM scooter will cost ~ 8-9 mil. After 2 months, you can sell that bike back ~ 6-7 mil ;-)
4. Safety : As some posts mentioned before. Never wearing expensive jewelry, necklaces, handbag when riding etc...
5. Visa : Renew every 3 months

Cheers.  :par:

You are both Vietnamese Citizens. Born in VN and have VN friends.

Does any of this relate to a foreigner? Ie. a non Vietnamese citizen,visa vi a Tay?

This is after all,an Expat.com.

She is in Philippine now. Maybe she is confusing with the cost of living in Nha Trang / Vietnam now. She did post a thread asking about this. As there are too few replies , I think I can help her a bit. Sorry if the posts make you annoyed.

Hi jimbream and zanchun,

Thank you so much for your time and effort in helping me!

To jimbream: I do have friends who aren't Vietnamese and I may not able to accompany them all the time. As well as, this topic might helpful for foreigner who accidentally read it.

To zanchun: Thank you so much for all info!
           My friend really prefer as near beach as possible. So I'm planning to rent an unit at Song Da Nha Trang plaza which is on no.6 Bai Duong street and 3 mins walk to the beach. It's around 1km to nearest market.
Do you think it's good enough, or do you have other recommendations?

Thank for advice about motorbike! It's helpful for me. However, for my friends who don't know how to ride motorbike & don't have driver license. Is there any alternative (public vehicle, xe om, etc)?

One more thing, which Internet provider do you think is the best? And how long is the installation process? We prefer to have Internet speed of 10Mbps.

MeoMun wrote:

Hi jimbream and zanchun,

Thank you so much for your time and effort in helping me!

To jimbream: I do have friends who aren't Vietnamese and I may not able to accompany them all the time. As well as, this topic might helpful for foreigner who accidentally read it.

To zanchun: Thank you so much for all info!
           My friend really prefer as near beach as possible. So I'm planning to rent an unit at Song Da Nha Trang plaza which is on no.6 Bai Duong street and 3 mins walk to the beach. It's around 1km to nearest market.
Do you think it's good enough, or do you have other recommendations?

Thank for advice about motorbike! It's helpful for me. However, for my friends who don't know how to ride motorbike & don't have driver license. Is there any alternative (public vehicle, xe om, etc)?

One more thing, which Internet provider do you think is the best? And how long is the installation process? We prefer to have Internet speed of 10Mbps.

Rental prices are in moment hard to predict, as there might in middle of January a huge re-shuffle, as some (all three) of the large tour operators stopping their direct flights from Russia.
You might be lucky or even not. Consider NT at least as expensive as Saigon.
Another choice might be the North of NT, less foreign nightlife but much ore affordable.

Like always: hotel/guesthouse rooms are cheap (many). Let you friends stay there and they can look around, before deciding if and where to stay.
Yes, public transport exists, however only then, when are not needed -  7-8 am to 6-7 pm, after/before that you have to rely on either your bike or the taxi mafia.

Hi Bully,

Thank you so much!

Does anyone have idea of: What're type of businesses in Nha Trang and percentage of it?

My Filipino friend want to find a part time job around 4-5 hours/day (i.e. restaurants or spa). Do you think that she has chance?

Hi
I think you should enjoin the hotel at Nguyễn minh khai street. Its near the center.
About internet you can chóose viettel mobile,vina phone, mobi phone, They the same too.
Setting easly and fast

Changes for foreigner to find jobs are pretty slim caused by some hurdles. 1st is the legal part,2nd is the demand of higher payments and finally, the limited number of businesses who could employ foreigners.

It is however possible. There are quite a number of foreigners employed in various businesses.