Ho Chi Minh City-Vung Tau hydrofoils resume service with 50% discount

In case anyone is planning on spending a few days out of town, the hydrofoils are back again...

http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/24888/ho … 0-discount

A hydrofoil service which brings tourists from Ho Chi Minh City to the resort city of Vung Tau resumed operation after an 11-month hiatus today, December 23, with a steep discount to win back passengers.

Vina Express Company has worked over the last four months to upgrade and improve its fleets to meet conditions set by the Vietnam Register to be eligible to resume service, its chairman Bui Cong Trung said Monday.

The Vina Express hydrofoils have been modernized to ensure safety for passengers, Trung added.

The firm is offering a 50 percent discount from December 23 to 28 to mark its resumed service. Tickets now cost VND120,000 (US$5.65) each for adults, and VND60,000 ($2.82) for children......

Hu ra ! Good news for those who want to watch the sea during the trip to HCM or back to Vung Tau. In my opinion, safety sequence is: Plane > Ship > Bus.

Even there is a highway to HCMc, I still prefer to go by ship : more relax, more scene to view, no car sick :-( ...

zanchun wrote:

Hu ra ! Good news for those who want to watch the sea during the trip to HCM or back to Vung Tau. In my opinion, safety sequence is: Plane > Ship > Bus.

Even there is a highway to HCMc, I still prefer to go by ship : more relax, more scene to view, no car sick :-( ...

Do tell.
A domestic flight from HCM to VT?
What is the name of the flight company that does that? And where is the airport in VT that services such domestic flights?

I would love to take a plane to VT.

jimbream wrote:
zanchun wrote:

Do tell.
A domestic flight from HCM to VT?
What is the name of the flight company that does that? And where is the airport in VT that services such domestic flights?

I would love to take a plane to VT.

Sorry for mistaking you. I mean the sequence of safety in transportation is: plane > ship > bus.