How difficult is it to move to London with 2 dogs?

hello,
i would like to ask something. i found a job in London. i have 2 medium size dogs. i have no idea how difficult it is to find a place to rent for two dogs for around 1200 pounds in London. my job is based in Richmond . i would appreciate any help i can get.
Pantelis

Good luck finding anyplace in London for £1200 a month. I'd contact a Realtor or rental agent to see if they could find a place on the outskirts of London that would be affordable and commutable.

It depends. Where are you moving from? Perhaps this will help. https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-informati … pet-owners

It's quite expensive to fly them. From America the only airlines I found that would fly pets to England was British Airways. It's quite complicated but you can do it without quarantine if you follow the rules.  They have to be Micro-chipped and vaccinated and depending where you are coming from they need a pet passport or International health certificate. Here is the hotline for questions in England Telephone: 0370 241 1710

Very.

Hello darctalus,

Can you please give more details here?

Thanks

Priscilla

I would have thought your pets would need to be in quarantine for 6 months but get the information from a government site not this one, people could give you incorrect information.

If you need a Visa make sure the company have arranged this in advance, this is very important as you will not be allowed in to work without it.

It will be difficult finding accommodation with two dogs, some will be ok with one small dog but two medium dogs you may have a problem.

You could offer a large deposit for any damage(say £2000) and say to come round and inspect on a regular basis.

My daughter rented out a house (no dogs allowed ) the renters had a dog who damaged carpets and the patio doors, the deposit did not cover all the damage when the people did a moonlight.

My friend never rents out her properties to animal owners.

Ignore people who say you can't get a place for 1200 a month, I have no idea why people always say that.  You won't get a 3 bedroom but you can get by fine in zone 2.

Go to https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview to learn about what the rules are for bringing a dog into the UK.  Call DEFRA at a number listed on that site to ask about specific requirements for coming from Cyprus.

Also better to deal with private owners directly rather than agents, as you can typically make a deal.  The hard part wont be finding a place for 1200, but finding a place in general that accepts dogs.  London is not very dog friendly to renters.

There are quite a few British military out in Cyprus who manage to get their pets to and from the UK without to much of a problem; I know the military don't arrange it for them, so their must be some way of doing it.  Try contacting the Welfare Office on 25276142 to see if they have any details of who they use - they may tell you to bugger off, but again, they may be helpful - you can but ask.

As regards to living in Richmond; first point - it's not cheap; I haven't lived around there for a long time, so can't tell you about current housing costs etc, Google will be your friend there; you could also try the local press.  With regards to your dogs; it has a large parkland at Richmond Park, there are deer running wild in there, so you need to be sensible when out with them.  The council are quite strict about dog mess - you need poo bags.

Hope this helps.