Work in Mauritius?

Dear all,

I am a media/advertising/communications expert and I was looking for ways that I could possibly work in my dreamland, Mauritius. What are the steps to be taken to achieve this goal of mine? Is it even possible for me?

Thanks so much

Hi and welcome to the forum Guta,

This has been discussed many times on the Mauritius forum.
Have you tried browsing the topics related to it?
Else you might want to have a look at the Mauritius job guide section.

Good luck
Armand
Expat.com Team

Thanks a bunch.

How can an outsider, working from home, can continue to work and live in mauritius

Hi there.

The outsider has the choice of Self-Employed permit. He needs to show USD35,000 and earn at least Rs600,000 per year. 

Else, he opens his own company and applies for a Work Permit to be the managing director of this company.  He works from home but sends invoices through his local company.  while applying for work permit, the outsider needs to leave Mauritius and wait for the outcome. Once permit is issued, he can move in, stay and work.

To note that a foreign based company cannot obtain an 'Employee' permit to employ people in Mauritius. The Employer / company needs to be incorporated and domiciled in Mauritius.

Hope this helps.
Nadeem

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for simplifying it.

So it means that $35,000 shall be his bank balance all the time and he should keep earning at least MUR 6,00,000 per year as long as he wishes to keep working from Mauritius.

No. He has to show USD35, 000 when making the application.  yes for the Rs600,000.

oh I see. Thanks for clarifying it Nadeem.

My pleasure !
All the best.