Temporary Resident Card Help

Hi,

I have search the internet and made a few phone calls but no help.

My situation is this,
I have a temporary Resident Card due to expire in in about September 2016
My passport expire in October 2016.

I want to renew my Aus passport in Feb 2015 so I can get an additional 10 years , but I know that my passport number will change.

What is the more easiest way to renew my temporary resident card?

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just get your passport renewed in say July 2016, then when your TRC expires in September you will have your new passport and then just reapply.

I guess that there is only 1 way. That is you have to reapply for your TRC.

When you comeback to Vietnam with a new passport, your TRC will be cut at the corner to mark that this TRC is not valid anymore, due to change of passport number. You will be granted a Visa for 1 month and you have to apply for a new TRC within that period.

Notice that you have to bring your old passport when to enter Vietnam with your TRC.

can I just use my previous passport with my trc. along with my new passport and just do a swap over?

or is it new forms again?

thecoolchazza wrote:

can I just use my previous passport with my trc. along with my new passport and just do a swap over?

or is it new forms again?

You can use it only one time when you enter Vietnam.

After that you have to renew your TRC by submit an application dossier to Immigration department.

I applied and received my TRC in Quang Tri.
Can I renew it in HCMC?
Also where can i get the renewal form?
I just want a quick way, I do not want to start again with the forms or go to Quang Tri.

thanks

Are you working for the same company now as you did when you first received your work permit.

Yes I am

Talk to your company about it, they should be able to arrange it with not too many problems.

Thanks for that,
But that is not the answer I was hoping for.

I just want to renew it myself at HCMC, without any hassle. I will be in HCMC for 3-6 months before I will return to Quang Tri.

anyways, which government agency do I have to see and which forms do I have to fill out.

thecoolchazza wrote:

Thanks for that,
But that is not the answer I was hoping for.

I just want to renew it myself at HCMC, without any hassle. I will be in HCMC for 3-6 months before I will return to Quang Tri.

anyways, which government agency do I have to see and which forms do I have to fill out.

If the company you are working for locate in Quang Tri, you must go to Immigaration Department of Quang Tri Province to apply for TRC. You cannot do it in HCMC.

Dossier:
- Form N7A: Application Letter (needs to be signed by the employer and affixed with the company's seal)
- Form N7B: Information of the foreigner with picture (No signature needed. Need to be affixed by the company's seal)
- 2 (passport) picture size 2x3
- a copy of your passport (visa page and last entering page)
- Original passport
- Notarised work permit
- Notarise licence of the company, seal sample certificate of the company
- Confirmation on residence issued by local police