Buy a business

I would like to know if it is possible that I buy a business without work permit and that I make it afterward..

Not all business can be bought by foreigners. To have a work permit, the company needs to have a paid up capital of 2 million baht and employ 4 thai staff. Being owner and director of a company are 2 different issues in a company. One can have a work permit even not being owner of company.

Thanks for your reply

Buying a business probably is not directly related to having a Work permit.  Finding business agent that deals with matters such as this would be critical for you to use.  I have no connection with Sunbelt Asia there in BKK but I am sure they could advise you what you might be facing.

Unless things have changed in the area of Working permit and owner of company, the owner of the company could have a work permit but not have to have the four Thai staff as mentioned here.  The kicker is that IF you do not have 4 Thai staff then one must renew their work permit I think every 3 or four months as compared to one time per year IF you have the required Thai staff as stated.  At least that is how it was when I was in Thailand a few years back and had my own Thai company.

I don't know what nationality you are but if you are an American there are different regulations on the company status.

Thank you for your answer...

I know that it is necessary to have 4 or 5 Thai for 1 Westerner but according to what I read it is very difficult to obtain the work permit...

Many many Epats are in Thailand with LEGAL work permits so it is not as difficult as you might think.  I had my own company there and processed my Work Permit with my friends assistance.  I still have many Expat friends living, having their own companies/working there in Thailand so getting the Work Permit is a PROCESS of having a local company being your sponsor.  Unless you are trying to work in some critical profession that is not allowed under Thai law, which I have not heard of before, then getting a Work Permit should not be unobtainable.  Have you spoken to any agency that deals with matters such as this or just listen to what others tell on the street or internet?