Work/Life in Sulaymaniyah

Hello everyone :) i recently got a job offer. It's in sulaymaniyah-iraq Kurdistan, and they offered me 3000$+accommodation. I live in lebanon, and i work in media ( video post production ). Can anyone tell me if that is a good job offer? Is it worth traveling for and relocation? What about social life there? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :)

Hi
Congratulation, I think it a a good offer if you don't have to pay for housing . House rent is so expensive there. socially people there are friendly but most of them cannot speak arabic. so u have to learn Kurdish or try ur best in english
:)

hello sam,

Thank you for your reply. Yes they will take care of the housing and also transportation. Yes i forgot that they don't speak arabic! hehe how difficult is it to learn kurdish?

It's not that difficult lol. But u can speak English specialy with young people

Good luck
Sounds like a good offer

Kurdish ppl are so kind by the way, you can mingle easily, and yes; most of then do not speak arabic that well, but surly you will manage ti communicate in a few weeks.

Annatijoux wrote:

Hello everyone :) i recently got a job offer. It's in sulaymaniyah-iraq Kurdistan, and they offered me 3000$+accommodation. I live in lebanon, and i work in media ( video post production ). Can anyone tell me if that is a good job offer? Is it worth traveling for and relocation? What about social life there? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :)

sure it is