Moving to Amsterdam soon... please help...

Hi,

I've been waiting for a call from a recruitment firm (they said they were going to ring me everyday for the past three days!!) in the Netherlands and hopefully will be getting a job over there soonish (next few weeks/couple of months... I hope).

I have been researching accomodation and realised that in Amsterdam it is very expensive I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend a place to live which is near to commute but not too far maybe even cycle distance. Maybe somewhere which is cheap but nice or even any good websites to find accomodation. I would be looking for a one bedroom apartment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Tom

hey Hi!
I will also move to Amsterdam in september 19th. I have a site maybe It will help you xpatrentals.com/

Ciuss!

Thank you, I will take a look. Good luck with you're move!

Hi Girls,
Ive been in your situation too when i moved here. the reason why i try to help when i can.
Here are some useful links to search for houses to rent:
Amsterdam.craigslist.org
elynx.nl
expatriates.com
Need more info? drop me a line at: [email protected]

Hello, welcome to new members :)

Don't forget that here on Expat.com there is also a Classifieds Amsterdam; you could check out the the Accomodation section :)
Cheers
Arlette

Thanks peeps :) will take a look.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

If you don't mind a bit of a train trip Haarlem is a very nice area about 20 mins away by train. I can still be expensive but it's a bit cheaper than Amsterdam. I think most people will agree with me that it is a very nice place.

I used to live in Weesp as well which is about 15 mins away by train but if you like a busy social life it might not be the place for you since it is basically a village.

You could also look at North Amsterdam. I hear it is a bit cheaper but you do have to get the fairy over the river to get to the main city.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Invader_Stu yeah I did take a look at Haarlem and it did seem quite nice, would definately consider moving there :)

Thanks again all of you for your help :)