CPH or Odense?

Hey eveyone, I'm moving to Denmark this January for University. I'm moving with my girlfriend, we're both 21. We both got accepted in one uni in Copenhagen and one in Odense. When I applied two weeks ago i thought I would have more time to decide in which city we'd stay but the responses came so fast. Now before you say it, I know life in DK is expensive, our parents are gonna help us and we're not getting our hope up thinking we're going to find a part-time job any time soon, especially during the first semester and/or year.
I thought I'd write here to try and get some more information from expats with experience. Would you consider CPH or Odense the best choice?
Odense for sure is less expensive than CPH but when it comes to opportunities and job possibilities i think CPH is better.
Which city is better for students?

Thank you very in advance much for your replies.  :D

Hi GabeS

I'm danish .. maybe i can help you decide..

What kind of things do you like to do? what kind of job would you be looking for?

I don't think Odense is cheaper then Copenhagen ...it's about your lifestyle :)

Hi,

I am Naser from Iran and am a Professor in Electrical Engineering.

I got my visa for work in Denmark in a Greencard program and will go to Denmark soon..

I am looking forward to get an academic or engineering work position in the Danish universities, colleges or companies.

I have applied for some positions in the related web sites and have no any positive results up to now.

You are highly appreciated to let me know about your any direction, hint and information related to working and living in Denmark, Copenhagen and also other cities.

Best regards,

Hi Naser

Have you tried this website?
http://www.jobsincopenhagen.com/?sector=engineering

It's hard to just give tips ..are there anything specific you want to know?

Dear Danise,

Thanks for your reply and information.

The mentioned web site is very efficient and I am trying to study and examine it more.

I tried for some PostDoc and Research Assistant positions in the universities as well as the engineering positions in the companies.

I mostly got the positions from workInDenmark and JobIndex but I had no any satisfactory results up to now.

I heard that the Copenhagen is a very expensive city in accommodation and other living fields and because I will come Denmark with my family, I prefer to get information from other cities maybe small cities near to Copenhagen or maybe other cities.

For your information, I have my academic and trading jobs in my origin country (Iran) and will continue/manage them in future as well. My problem is that based on the Greencard rule, I should pay 12 months tax in my first 3 years work visa in Denmark. I only need for a part time (or maybe full time) in a Danish employer and then establish my own business in Denmark after covering the Greencard criteria and getting my (and my family) permanent PR card.

I would like to share any information with you and other respected friends in Denmark as well and know more about Denmark and its related facilities and problems in living and working areas.

Thanks again for your favor and information.

Best regards,

Naser