Questions from bangkok expat moving to Saigon

Hi!

I'm moving to saigon for 3 months in 4 days and don't know anyone there. Can you please help me answer the following:

1. I'm looking for a cheap apartment/hotel room in district 1, no kitchen. Where should I search for it online?
2. Where do I buy online internet for my phone? In thailand I buy a sim and charge money at the 7/11 and then dial a number to activate it. What do you do in Saign?

Looking forward to saigon!
Dvir

Please give an idea of what you call a cheap apartment or hotel room.

Good point!

I'm looking for a no kitchen apartment. I work online so internet is a must for me.
Single bed is ok, don't mind sharing bathroom/shower. I'm looking in district 1 only.
AC is a must, I've gotten spoiled haha.

this room for example would be perfect for me: youtube.com/watch?v=uZhZ22V-nyM

Price range 250-400$.

Thanks!
Dvir

The only problem you will have is that many people won't rent short term. Maybe a hotel room would suit you better, but they would be more expensive due to it being a hotel, but you have no internet,electricity or water costs.

I can get you a nice hotel room in D1 for 550 and its month by month,Michaels is 500usd for 6 months and above.If I was you for the short time you are here rent a hotel room, you also don't have to pay a deposit when renting a hotel room,apartments usually want 2-3 months deposit.

As I said, 550 a month for a nice hotel room, which is equal to what you are charging.