Where to live?

Hi guys,

I am a 29yo single male moving to KL in January andI am hoping to flat share. I would like to have easy access to markets, bars, clubs etc. I have heard lots about Bangsar. I am however working in Seri Kembangan and been told the traffic is pretty heavy? I am wondering if anyone can give me advice on potential areas/ condos to check out? My budget will be around RM3000/month for a room. Nice pool and gym facilities would be a bonus.

Thank you,

Ell

OK you have very mixed info. You don't need to pay anything like that for a room. But SK is not an expat area. Transport is your main issue to access your workplace. No public transport from Bangsar. If you are prepared to buy a cheap car better for you. Markets operate while you will be at work. Only a few  night ones. I think that you have an unrealistic idea about living here.

Flatshares can be found at www.ibilik.my or www.mudsh.com
my If you have transport you can live in places like Bukit Bintang with lots of single expats and have a great time.

HI , You can stay in your own place in Gaya Bangsar for 3.2K. rental and its fully furnished.A one bedroom , spacious place wih living, dining etc......Room mates are such a bother..Its 2 mins away from the LRT. Bangsar is nice and a great place to live as it has everything for you and lots of nice people. All you need is a LRT. This takes you into the city KLCC within minutes.
I vote Bangsar next to the LRT and you can take a LRT or connecting bus to get around.
In Bangsar theres no riff raff.Well heres my two cents...

Thank you for the info spa I'll check out Gaya. I will be driving to work and plan to buy a cheap car. Sorry I meant night markets. I did say I will be working in SK and not wanting to live there.

Ell

Gaya is good location but suggest you find a flat share there. Join internations.org for best info and relevant accommodation.

great thank you!

I'd choose the Ampang area. Plenty of expats. Close to KLCC and ultimately, Changkat !!! Changkat is where everybody parties these days... :) And if you're not picky, you could get a 2 bedroom apartment for less than RM3000!

Thanks for the recommendation. Your the first to recommend Ampang. I will check it out. Most people are saying Bangsar.

Have a great weekend.

Ell

Although Ampang (which is a huge area) is about the same distance away from the centre as Bangsar (as the crow flies) you have to cross the city to get out of town. Bangsar is already out of town so that takes off travelling time down to Seri Kembangan. If you live in either place, you are going against the rush hour traffic. But you should probably work on an  early start as from Bangsar it will still be about 35-40 minutes to some parts of SK. Parts of Ampang are near to the LRT which is the backbone of train travel. I think you will find it difficult to get accommodation in Ampang that is convenient to the Gombak-Kelana Jaya LRT. There is another train line that goes to a different part of Ampang, but that is not really an expat area. There is quite a large Australian community closer to SK, as the international school is there. You have a choice of lots of condos in that area.

If you want to hook into the expat scene and be close to KLCC culture and nightlife but on a medium budget, you should live in Bukit Bintang.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to go and check them out when I arrive in January.

Hi, if you have your car to drive to work at Sri Kembangan, you can stay at Damansara Perdana nice studio unit apartment to yourself,

[Moderated: No free ad]

Ooops.  Sorry! :p