Looking for a place to retire

I've read too many negative posts of folks saying don't go and stay..
I hope to hear some posts of folks who are there and why.

I'd really like to hear some 'good' news..

:(   It depends which part of the Bahamas you're referring to.  I love Grand Bahama for example, and plan to retire there.  Now, I don't know much about the work force, I don't believe work is good on any of the island, but if you plan on retiring, and opening up your own business, you will do well in the Bahamas.  Basically it also depends if you're going in fully supported and taken care of, or will you be going in and trying to find work.

Most businesses in the Bahamas are restricted to Bahamian citizens.  Also most job openings in the Bahamas must be advertised and given to qualified Bahamian citizens unless there are none.  And then if given to a non-Bahamian a "work permit fee" must be paid to the government.

I m agree but just a correction. If a for example a Hotel wants to hire a foreigner they ( The hotel or company) go to pay to the immigration between $7000 up to $12.000 only for keep on the work permit  for the foregner employee . Tehy force u in this case or to elave or to  marry an bahamian citizen. I have been for one year and believe me wor with bahamina is not easy  IS NOT EASY, plus you shoud keep opened 100 eyes with them coz if they have the chance to  take advantage they do.