Greetings!!

Hi my name is Natti. I am an American born and raised in the beautiful green hills of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where I got my unrivaled education both from school and the streets, I have lived in Yemen before it went to hell in a hand basket, lived in Austria and Saudi and now I am living in Saigon, Vietnam. I am an independent programmer working from home which gives me the ability to spend time with my newborn son and explore the city I am in.

Thank you for the nice introduction and welcome !  :)

This is your second post on the same subject. The only Ethiopians and Somalis I have met here were on Bui Vien Street but I suspect they were off the ships.

I wish there were some Ethiopian restaurants. Miss Injera along with Doro Wot, Yemiser Selatta and Zigni! No meal is complete without some Tej.

Discovered the Ethiopian cuisine when I lived in Toronto.

Fascinating-- great story!  Oddly, my grandparents were from Austria, yet I didn't know many Eastern Africans emigrate to there.  Since I'm from SF, I speak the worst Tigrinya and Amharic you will ever hear in your life!!  Haha!  In my home town, lots of good coffee shops with great conversation with my Ethiopian and Eritrean brothers!  I'd love to meet, but get the feeling you're on to other destinations.  Godspeed!

teachertom wrote:

Fascinating-- great story!  Oddly, my grandparents were from Austria, yet I didn't know many Eastern Africans emigrate to there.  Since I'm from SF, I speak the worst Tigrinya and Amharic you will ever hear in your life!!  Haha!  In my home town, lots of good coffee shops with great conversation with my Ethiopian and Eritrean brothers!  I'd love to meet, but get the feeling you're on to other destinations.  Godspeed!

I will be in Saigon for at least two years. I do miss speaking Amharic. We can meet I will be here for a while.

Welcome to Saigon, hope you will enjoy life here! Good day!