Taking your Vietnamese partner to USA for holiday....?

Hi,  I'm an Australian living in Vietnam for a few years now.  I'm mid 50s and my partner is 41. We are not married.
We have had holidays in Singapore and Malaysia previously.  I have visited the United States several times over the years for tourist purposes.  I would like her to accompany me on my next visit to the U.S. for maybe a month and then return to Vietnam together.  I will be covering all expenses and have applicable insurances . She has a good government job,  entire family is in Vietnam, and her home is here.   I've read the U.S. Embassy info on what is required prior to an interview, BUT in reality what are the chances.  I've had people here tell me I'm wasting my time.  Others have told me they've been waiting years for an answer, but that is to get permanent residence.
Surely as a tourist with return tickets it can't be that big a problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Perhaps try phoning the Embassy for information.

Go to Mexico & walk arcoss the border & stay as long s you like.  If you do it the legal way, you will be refused.

stumpy wrote:

Perhaps try phoning the Embassy for information.

Thanks mate, but the Embassy website said they Do not like taking calls . Just refer to the website which I did.  I hope going through the process isn't just a beaurocratic game they play just to,say they gave you a chance.. Then a flat No. I've heard they don't give a reason, just apply again at a future date.
Funny thing is, my partner thinks the place is over run with gun toting thugs. Shooting and looting seems to be the trend. I don't think she'd step of the plane without a bullet proof vest anyway.

You're just going as a tourist? Should be no problem. They seem to be stricter with citizens returning than tourists coming in. America is overrun with gun-toting thugs if you go to lower class areas. ;)

It sounds like she stands a good chance at getting a visa.  Prior travel outside of VN, strong family ties to VN, a job to come back to after the trip.

The only way to know for sure is apply for the visa and go for the interview.

She just need to apply a visa for tourist. There're several requirement like her stable job, money in her bank account, any property she own,... No problem.