Life Parner Visa - Shared financial responsibility proof

Hello to all!

This forum has been very helpful to me so far.
I am French and engaged to a South African currently residing in Cape Town. We've been together 2 years now (approx) and I'm applying for a Life Partner Permit so that I can move by him permanently.
Now the issue I have with my application is that it is difficult to prove shared financial responsibility. We couldn't get a joint account because I've always been in RSA on a tourist visa, and today the only proof we have is letters from landlords testifying that we paid half of rent and electricity while living together. I am also going to transfer some money to his account in the next few days.

Is that enough proof or might the Immigration Office need more?

Thank you all for your precious help!

Alice

Hello Alice

That does sound like good proof. What worries me is that if you've only been on a tourist visa, how will you prove cohabitation?

Hello and thank you for you reply!

Well cohabitation will be proven by the letters saying that we lived together and shared rent while doing so... Hopefully. And yes, the fact that I've only been on tourist visas also worries me, but I didn't have any other choice then, seeing that I had no work, internship or studies... I had friends and family write letters about us living together, and the fact that I had to leave to finish my studies (with proof of that). Do you think maybe getting a friend we visited together abroad to write a letter saying that we took holidays together prove cohabitation at some extent?

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm applying this week for my visa and feeling really anxious ><

I also have a letter addressed to me at his address... Should I include that in my application?

Alice your best bet is, if your fiancee is renting the place where he stays, to include you in the Lease agreement with the Agency, that is all the proof they need.

Hi,

I have another problem, I live together for 2 years with my boyfriend. However, he lives/works on a farm and his house is part of his work agreement. So we are not paying rent, electricity etc. I was thinking of having the farm owner writing an affidavit that we live together on their property and share provided electricity/water/housing?

Does anybody know whether an affidavit can be stamped by the South African police? Or does it need to be a real notary?

Many thanks in advance!

Anne