18 and looking to emigrate to Dubai

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to this fourm (I came across it yesterday browsing the internet  :)). I'm 18 years old from Ireland and I'm looking to migrate to Dubai. I'm a non smoker and non drinker, I'm very sporty, I coach soccer at a decent underage level. I have never been to Dubai before so I have zero idea of what to expect. What I'm looking to do is move to Dubai to save money and enjoy life. I have a couple of questions if someone from Dubai or an expat or ex-expat :D  could answer please :).

1) What jobs are trending in dubai at the moment or In the future.

2) What is the benefits for an expat in Dubai.

3) What kind of wage packet that includes transportation and accommodation is good enough to enjoy life in Dubai. (what I would consider enjoying life is saving 1,000 - 1,365 AED a week and eating in a restaurant once or twice a week).

4) Are they local Soccer/Football/Gaelic Football/Hurling clubs in Dubai?.

5) What's the cost of living in a decent apartment , how much is it for electricity, how much is it for Internet, is it good? Are they water charges, etc..

Thank you everyone can people reply please as I'm very keen to explore the world.  :cool:

Kirsey.

I am an expat living in Dubai.

1) there are no such trending jobs in Dubai. What is your field of work ? Depends on that!

2) What is the benefits for an expat in Dubai. Safe country, You can roam about and enjoy for people of your age group.

3) What kind of wage packet that includes transportation and accommodation is good enough to enjoy life in Dubai. (what I would consider enjoying life is saving 1,000 - 1,365 AED a week and eating in a restaurant once or twice a week).
Savings depends on you man. Transport and cost of living in Dubai is very high. Are you coming here for work or with family ? Depends on whatever you earn to be honest. If you get a starting job with a minimum pay of 1500 AED, lavish expenses need to be cut. Unless you get a good stable job with a decent pay for a starter, savings in Dubai is always a doubt.

4) Are they local Soccer/Football/Gaelic Football/Hurling clubs in Dubai?.
Yes there are. You can find the Al Ahli club near Al Nahda (Stadium metro station nearest point for identification). There you can see footballers playing and practising.

5) What's the cost of living in a decent apartment , how much is it for electricity, how much is it for Internet, is it good? Are they water charges, etc..
It depends. If you take up an apartment with a bed room hall and kitchen, per year it may come to 65000 AED approximately in the less crowded areas, others may be even high. For start life in Dubai, I suggest you try for bedspaces (if you are coming alone) which you can find from 700AED onwards sharing with 4 people or more, certain places you can find the rent including the electricity bill, net bill , water etc. and in some places it may vary. Depends totally on the place you search.

That's all man, need any info feel free to inbox.

Thanks for replying patrick , so would you think it's worth my while leaving for dubai and by the way I have no trade yet I'm 18 n I'm jus preparing for the future , like if you said IT jobs were trending then I would try get qualified in that area

hey kirsey,

how r u i can help you out regarding transportation and finding the accomodation here as i am realtor.
reply back with your email address i will get back to you.

Kirsey wrote:

Thanks for replying patrick , so would you think it's worth my while leaving for dubai and by the way I have no trade yet I'm 18 n I'm jus preparing for the future , like if you said IT jobs were trending then I would try get qualified in that area

if you want to know about transportations and places, don't hesitate to ask me