Got a job offer in Dubai

Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice!

We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife and a 3-year old), another member arriving in March next year. We are currently based in Prague (Czech republic) and enjoying the central European climate...
I might have an opportunity for a job in the Middle East (going for last interview in September) and just wanted to check on couple of things...
- out of the Middle East, where would you suggest to be based?
- how are people with little children finding living there?
- what are the general things to consider before moving down there?

Thanks so much for any help...

A.

if u r accustomed to european culture then dubai will be best fit..

You might want to consider:

1. your budget
2. kindergarden& schools for your children
3. incredibly hot wheather in the UAE
4. lots of traffic in Dubai

Schools are great for small kids and there are many family based activities in this culture. A package that will support the cost of living in Dubai is a must and education for the kids. Identifying the type of curriculum you desire eg. American, British etc, and contacting schools early is a necessity.

Welcome to Acizek, ema_raluca, Emily805 ! :)
Well let me tell you that I raised 1 kid and gave birth to another one between 1975 and 1980 in Dubai and Sharjah and in those times, life was not as easy as now in the Emirates (it wasn't bad at all though!).
Nowadays, everything is readibly available in Dubai. You have A/C available everywhere (houses, flats, malls, etc) and most accomodation (buildings at least) have a proprer swimming pool and fitness center!
As Emily said, just be sure to negotiate an adequate package to come over here:
good salary, accomodation, go/return ticket for the family, 1 or 2 vacation airtickets for the family, medical care, company car, school fees for the kids
and you'll be safe!
Hope this helps
Arlette

HI everyone and thanks for your posts!
I have visited both Dubai and Beirut which are the possible locations and have to admit that I liked Beirut more.
I am about to receive a more detailed offer and was ondering whether any of you has experience with Beirut and life there?
Thanks, Adam

Hello Acizek !

You could also consider to start a new discussion in Beirut forum and ask members their impressions as well.

It might help also.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi acizek,

I am a Kenyan national living in Mombasa. I have been looking for IT jobs in middle east specially in Dubai. I am an IT guy with 5 years experience in Strategy and Program Management position. Please advice me on how you found your job and whats the procedure. I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Alim