Relocating to Vietnam - How easy to open a retail shop in vietnam?

I was wondering how easy is it to open up a retail shop in Vietnam, in a mall lets say. Is the paper work easier for an American citizen or a European ?

Hello SPIRIDON and welcome to Expat.com :)

So as to better understand how to set up a business, I invite you to read our article : Setting up a business in Vietnam

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

The article is dated, contains stale info and is missing much that Foreigners have to go through. New regulations have changed the situation.

Get a lawyer.

Hi,

You can register the shop to the local Comitee Department. Just choose to pay certain amount of Tax every year.

Regards

Dejavu.dot wrote:

You can register the shop to the local Comitee Department. Just choose to pay certain amount of Tax every year.

You make it sound so simple, Dejavu.dot.

It isn't for Foreigners form after form after form. Then running around filing all the paperwork.

Then you have to find a location - which can be Catch 22 as some of the forms need the address of the business premises!

Welcome!
Vietnam is not an easy location for smooth business even in the beginning process!
If you do not approach a lawyer/firm(third party) to register, you will see the true color of 'RED TAPE' and 'smiling faces' of officials to empty your wallet! Better don't go for a 100% foreigner company which give you more head ache than privileges in the beginning and in future!  :)  Find out a reliable partner (or silent may be?) and register under as Vietnamese firm or a partnership firm.

Hi! i just wonder what products would you sell ? or you intend to open a retail shop here ? where ? i living in D 2 so if you like i can borrow my name to rent a place for your shop ? i'm not good English ? but i like to practise  English .hope can help you !

@ jatch: I was talking about the case of using a vietnamese name for the shop. It would be easier. I forget writting that.

@locbao: when your name is used, you have to make sure about being punished if sth wrong happen..

sorry! i forgot that ! thanks you for your inform Dejavu.dot