Unfinished tenancy

My land lord had asked me to " get out within 10 days vide mobile-text. " after moving in for just 5 days. The contract is to pay monthly in advanced for rental ( one room in a 2 bedroom unit ) and service fee. Paid 600,000 tugrik as deposit and notice period 10 days. He would not talk about refunding ; instead threatening to bill me for any damages ( even in areas outside my room ). My colleague has a separate contract for the other room and expected to be moving out too.

My land lord has yet to show me his house deed ( for ownership) and has yet to supply the TV (  included for service fee.) and yet to clear his belongings.  These are no issues to me, but he keep tel to hound and warn about possible damages even for normal wear and tear or structural defects.

What is practice and how to resolve?

Hello frankkt and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some members over there will be able to help you with your issue.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Dear Frankkt,

That is a bad situation.
What is written in the contract? is it signed by both of you? Did you have it certified by a notary?
If not, and he has not showed his immovable's certificate, then you're in a big problem, as he might be not the owner.
A lot of the questions that you have are related to the contract, but if it is not certified by the notary, there is not much you can do.

I would recommend looking at your contract and if  signed by both you have a slight chance, if certified by a notary then you have the full rights according to your contract.

I would also change your apartment (landlord) as it is very shady business that he is doing.

Best regards
Nyamka I

With a notarized contract you can take action and get your money back and avoid paying for "wear and tear" if there's nothing in there about it. Not sure if there's much you can do without a notarized contract though.

be FIRM, tell him to go to hell. He can't throw you out in winter time, that is a LAW here. Tell him that you will complain to Police if he doesn't leave you in peace. He can't make you pay for anything.