Can foreigners register a business in Vietnam

Well it seems obvious from the lay people opinions that the OP should hire a lawyer to get the proper advice that would apply to his particulars situation. But the short answer to his question is that he can register a company here in VN in his name alone.

Not sure he is following this thread as it is from 2014 :D

Hello Hannah,

You stated in your post that a foreigner can open a business here. Can you please give me some more information.

Hi, plz add my skype to discuss more easily: ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
Neville55 wrote:

Hello Hannah,

You stated in your post that a foreigner can open a business here. Can you please give me some more information.

This may help.

http://www.antlawyers.vn/legal-service/ … etnam.html

Cuong Pham wrote:

I know the topic is old, since 2014. But two year later then, so far Vietnam government already made many changes in the law on investment and enterprise, which encourage foreign investment to Vietnam. Although some limits for foreign business, I can see the effort and create opportunities for expats to do business in Vietnam.
Back to you guys query on whether a foreigner register 100% foreign owned business in Vietnam, I can say YES, but it is depend upon some factors that I list below.
There are some factors control the process of business set up in Vietnam:
+ Business fields (whether it is prohibited or required conditions to process, it is following WTO Commitment and Vietnam law on investment which declares 267 conditional business fields)
+ Product (whether it is prohibited or need any license to distribute in Vietnam)
+ Nationality of owner (Seldom)
+ Location (sometimes, for some industries, starting a business in Hanoi (capital) is easier than in other cities)
For any foreign owned business in Vietnam, the steps of setting up your business could be listed as:
a, Step 1: Obtaining Certificate of investment registration
It allows you to invest in Vietnam
b, Step 2: Obtaining Certificate of business registration
It allows you to open company in Vietnam
c, Step 3: Post license procedure
opening company bank account, company stamp, tax registration
d, Obtaining other licence
There are some conditional business fields that require foreign business to acquire before start business in Vietnam. Please send me your business plan, I will help you to check whether your business is prohibited or require any conditions.
xxx

Can you provide examples of "Nationality of owner  (Seldom)"? I am considering starting business here, I don't know whether my Nationality will be rejected...BTW, I am Chinese

DELAFON wrote:

Just registered my business.
100% ownership.
no wife, no partner.
6 weeks to get my business licence.
1700 $ for the lawyer.
Capital investment 15000 $.

Hi, could you please let me know what kind of business you registered?

ANDYESTER wrote:

Your legal costs was excessive. Vietnam must be the most expensive country in the world to set up a business.Sorry to say.I am sure you can setup a business in Vietnam not using attorneys.

Hi, have you started your consultanting business without attorneys? I am going to start a simliar business like yours. And I am tight in budget.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I do agree with your sentiments but what makes you think he is English?

I'm willing to start small business in Vietnam can anybody guide me how i can start business in Vietnam how much amount is required to start small business.
Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Zahid Resham Khan wrote:

I'm willing to start small business in Vietnam can anybody guide me how i can start business in Vietnam how much amount is required to start small business.
Suggestions are highly appreciated.

How is your business going?

Not started yet, willing to start information required regarding procedure.