What about the government's health care system for foreign employees?

Hi All,
I was given a contract for a year but it doesn't say anything about social security and health insurance deductions. Is it optional? Would you recommend the state's system? Is there a choice? Am in Quang Ninh province and would be grossing about 18 M Dong.

I do have expensive insurance for Thailand - but would have to fly over to use it. Just saying. PRUDENTIAL is my carrier over there - are they operating here as well?

Thanks for any answers and information!

You must live in small enclave in the jungle not to have Prudential advertising burning your eyes.

Ask them for a 'rider' extension on your Thai coverage - shouldn't cost too much more.

The only medical services provided free and without insurance are EMERGENCIES - but they have a chat later! FV Hospital in HCM has a strict cash/insurance policy, up front, even if you are dripping blood on their over-rated premises.

Many hospitals are called clinics but still do simpler operations.

You will have to pay the street price, often a multiple of that, a VN citizen must pay.A very few places apply a one-price policy.
There only very limited options to get an insurance. there are plenty of topics related to here in the board. No insurance, rip-off costs apply.

Yes, Prudential is very popular here, too.
But, as far as I know, health insurance is not usually included in the contract, Visa renewal isn't, either, just because these get very complicated sometimes, and the employers don't want to make themseslf busier because of something they don't care or don't want to care about. Sorry to say that, but it's the way things go here.

Dear OP

Private health insurance (like Prudential) is optional, public health insurance is compulsory for foreign employees working under indefinite-term labour contracts or labour contracts of at least full three-month, with 1.5%/salary paid by the employee (usually withhold from your salary) and 3%/salary paid by the employer. In practice, Vietnamese company rarely comply with this regulation.

And you may do not want to use public health care in Vietnam due to their bad services, since even Vietnamese like me feel reluctant if I have to use it.