Riyadh expat group events or activities?

I have a lot of down time the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know of any cool expat group events or fun activities on compounds? I still need my Iquma but I have my passport.

Just wondering whats happening outside of my hotel!

It's all Ramadan dinners as far as I know.

Well, basicly in Ramadan, people sleep during the day, and stay awake all night! lol! That's's pretty much what is happening out side!

Have fun!

Back home in Sri Lanka we live a normal life in Ramadan, working 8 hours a day, mingling with others who may eat and drink amongst us, and doing the same kind of work as the other 11 months in a very sincere, cordial, and comfortable manner.

Even here in KSA, during my first stint of work, we had a separate room within the office where non Muslims were allowed to use for their meals as and when they wished.

Tolerance is the key.

Ramon1990 wrote:

Well, basicly in Ramadan, people sleep during the day, and stay awake all night! lol! That's's pretty much what is happening out side!

Have fun!

so impressive..

DRose wrote:
Ramon1990 wrote:

Have fun!

so impressive..

You think so?  I wonder if this was supposed to be the purpose of fasting?

MM's experience in Sri Lanka seems to me to be more in line with the spiritual awareness I thought Ramadan was all about.

Its all upto you how and whom you want to spend your evenings. Be it Ramadan or any other month it was always the same untill i spent one of my best day in Riyadh. Thanks to all involved. I prefer to take a taxi ask him to go straight till the road ends and then take a right or left try searching good restaurants or place to hang out. If i dont find any then ask the taxi guy to drop me at the place were he picked me from...:D

Alliecat wrote:
DRose wrote:
Ramon1990 wrote:

Have fun!

so impressive..

You think so?  I wonder if this was supposed to be the purpose of fasting?

MM's experience in Sri Lanka seems to me to be more in line with the spiritual awareness I thought Ramadan was all about.

Bang ON :lol:

SAFARI RESORT - Riyadh
TREASURE HUNT 2
guys,

treasure hunt 2 will be on thursday 16-9-2010,
harder and tougher roads,
more difficult places,
more stupid questions.
location in greek house at 7 pm
ticket 125 sr per person.
i dont think anyone will win.......

see you.