What to do during Ramadan days?

its my first time to spend Ramadan here in UAE, im a christian. just wondering hows life going on aside from work i finish 11pm coz im working in the hospital.so, on weekends, and on night time, shops are open in the day time, is the movie house open too? are we allowed to go swim afer 7pm only? we cant eat nor drink as we observe the ramadan, so better eat nor drink in the house before leaving?
comments and suggestions, reactions are most WELCOME...

most shops resumes at 8pm to 1 or 2am:)

most things are open as normal, cinema, malls, etc. swimming is fine, the only thing to be careful about is eating or drinking in public before the prayers to break the fast, usually about 7pm, but the times are announced everyday.

some restaurants are open in the day time but they are covered up so people cant see the diners.

hope that helps

@jvbinalla: thanks for replying. much apapreciated.
@harrypalmer: yeah ur right also like. thanks too.
i've spent weekend in dubai in jebel with friends. we went to Geant to buy some stuffs and we went to JBR for a walk and swim at the beach, it seems like we owned the place... only less than 20 where in the beach, and its very unusual.. i guess for the next few weeks, it will always be like that, but ofcourse, as a respect we had steak and chips at friends house, we didnt drink water even after, but, its a great weekend.there are shops and restaurants opened too but most of it ask for take out.

thanks guys.
godbless u and ur families...

Hi there,

harrypalmer wrote:

some restaurants are open in the day time but they are covered up so people cant see the diners.

The (formerly British) Club in Abu Dhabi serves food and neck oil all day through the Magic Month ;)

Hi there,
thanks for ur reply much appreciated, yeah right i refrain from chewing a gum and even drink water when im outside even at work. i see to it its Iftar time,if i eat nor drink i do it at home. I have split schedule at work, works 9-1pm then need to comeback by 8-1130, but its hard to differentiate, if some shops are open in the afternoon, after 2pm we want to go to mall to buy something before 8pm work starts, so usually, we stayed at home and go online, sleep, cook and eat during free time. honestly, i hadnt explore al ain much, since im 7 months here but im  planning to explore al ain with new friends soon, hopefully.
thanks again.

Hi,

I just took a 3 month membership in Rotana.
In Rotana you can go and swim, but from 8 to 6pm. Not Atfer  because of religious things. Ramadan offer nice swinmming hours, only when the temperature is between 40 and 50°C. Maybe they want to cook us.
My favorite place was the Trader Vicks, but they removed the band for Ramadan, my favorite pleasure was massage but they close massage for Ramadan.

What to do? The question is what to do in Al Ain all the year. Visit Jebel Haffit, the zoo, the palace, the museum. Done. The mall ? arf.

After two month exploring Al Ain in December and January, my solution is to quickly escape the week end from this quiet and so so religious city.

The thing i miss the most here, is people of my age to go out. Normal boys, normal girls with 'adult' mind..., and here expat people are married and do nothing (collegues arround me).

I lived two years in Muscat, i never had enough time to do all what i plan. Here i never spent so much time to sleep.

I am 33, Eating KFC in my car and walk 3 hours a day in a mall is not my normal life,

We need to launch a save operation "free young expats", to meet and organize evenings and BBQ, and campings.

JL

Hi JL,

thanks for the reply,appreciated. less than a week from now, Raadan will END, and What to do in the Eid? where to go to, which place is ont e of the BEST to spend the EID?

Yeah right. What to do? The question is what to do in Al Ain all the year. Visit Jebel Haffit, the zoo, the palace, the museum. Done. The mall ?gee....

I also escape the weekend ( almost every friday), im going to Dubai or Abu Dhabi, to meet my friends there.

i never had enough time to do all what i plan, actually im near Al Ain Rotana, maybe 15 minutes wlaking from  the Villa, but i dont know much about that place though im already 7 months here silly isnt it? lol but maybe after ramadan, i'll explore AL Ain alone, or invite some expats here, lets have a tour. lol

Nice idea, you're right We need to launch a save operation "free young expats", to meet and organize evenings and BBQ, and campings.

hopefully, we could make it, to organize a MEET UP soon. or after ramadan..

just keep in touch, and thanks for reply.

ciao :))

princessmia

Yes,

I suggest Tomorrow after 11pm to drink cocktails.
In Trader Vicks because it is close to our flat.

We will talk and plan the Al Ain exploration.

Al Ain by night is very nice, since Ramadan start i went 2 time walking between 0 and 2pm in town center.  There is a lot of people i never see in the day.

Ok. Now i go to the fitness in Rotana.
See you Tomorrow.

:)

Jean-Luc