How to get over my ex vietnamese girlfriend

Back in 2011 I used to date a vietnamese american girl named Huong and she was my first girlfriend I ever had. She had such an amazing and cute personality. We've dated for a couple of months and she and I broke up in october of that year. It has been two years and I am still loving her and haven't gotten over her. I was 20 and we were the same age. I miss her a lot and I am longing for her. Does anyone have any idea advice to help me get over her ? I would really appreciate all the advice you can give.

Puppy love. Get out and meet people.

Better to split before marriage than divorce after marriage.

Keep yourself busy, socialize with your friends/others do some sport activities, go out of town for some time etc

From my experience one never truly "gets over" their very first girlfriend or boyfriend. My first girlfriend was at 16 (49 years ago) and I still remember every minute we spent together and everything we did. I found an old photo of the two of us together, her with a beehive hairdo (not quite as tall as Madge Simpson's) and me in my black suit with a thin black tie and black horn rimmed glasses (looking like a junior version of Clark Kent in search of a phone booth). I just about bust a gut laughing how ridiculous we looked way back then. But the feeling for one's first love never die.

Life goes on, you'll get over her and believe it or not one day somebody else will come along and turn your whole world around. Just hang in there.

hang out, keep yourself busy. Im in this situation too,I try to read book, exercise, travelling....

To reduce attention to her every time remember, you should put focus in your life. Concerned and invest in education or work at the present time. Appreciate the time and attention to family, friends, work, future, career and find another lover

Keep yourself busy. Though it's true that it is not easy but you'll get over with it sooner or later. Just focus your mind into other things and not dwell with your past. The world is a big place full of people.  :D

Hi

Its love and you cant control urself about what you should or should not. Its always hurt when u love a person with all your heart.

Especially its your first love its a person u love the most, understand u the most then u lose her. Its a painful feeling.  Remember, the more you want to forget someone, the more u never can forget her... And u guys broke up, there must be a reason. And its been two years, nothing happened between two of u, means you guys didnt try ur best to be together.

Just try to connect more to people and think thats a beautiful memory in your live and move on.

If you have time, u can join us on Expat.com gathering once per month. U will meet  lots of educated, open minded, optimistic, outgoing friends there. After the gathering, you can join some to dinner or drink with them sometimes if you like

Hope you will find your way to move on

Sarah

When my marriage ended, I spent a month in Pattaya exchanging carnal knowledge with a wide assortment of willing young working gals. Now I am not recommending this to you, just saying what helped me to realize what is really important in life.

Try to come out from the fancy ( or hallucination?) world  :)
Mingle with society, enjoy your life!
You are trying to fix a broken diamond  :)

Hi

Used to be in the situation as yours. I got over by joining many activities and trying to chat with friends anytime. However, what will you do when you are alone? That's the problem.  Time is flying, don't make yourself regret what is not worth. You can choose to learn something new or interesting, it can help you improve your knowledge on specific fields or know additional skills. Try taking any course that you love to learn, you will have more friends and be busy with new relationship.

Finally, remember that the person can solve and heal everything is you, noone can help you except you. Be strong and happy. Keep smiling and keep shinning.

Best wish :)

I concur with ancientpathos, head to bangkok or phuket, just do not fall in love.

get another Huong, I guess there are plenty of Huong in Vietnam, My company do have 3 Huong :)

I recommend Cat Walk (near New World Hotel, you can chill at the bar or get a karaoke room) and Napoly (7 Pham Ngoc Thach Street, District 3...you have to go to the back and up the stairs to get to the bar section)

Vic is another good one, although its usually crowded with expats and local "celebs" (55, Hồ Xuân Hương, Phường 6, Quận 3)

How sweet first love. Find her and tell her: i still love you. Want to start up our love again? If she said yes, congrats. But if she say no, smile and find another girl for your life ( not the same name: Huong )  :par: Good luck faithful guy!

Hi my friend! Chillax and move on and on...just do what others told you in this forum..you have to make yourself busy and look around you maybe someone's waiting for you. :-)

You have any goals now? You should propose some goals that you want to do in the next 2 or some years. And you have to try all your best to archieve your goals. You are still very young, sure you will have some to do, example, buy your own house/ own car, get a higher degree...
Like me now, I don't have free time to relax, hang out with friends much. Just work, work, and work; earn money, money and money :D. My goal is that building my own house in next year, start up a business... I never think about my ex, even don't talk/chat/meet... just hang out with friends/colleagues!

Good luck to you!

I think you should move on. Everything happens for a reason. So we wont be able to do anything if it really happen to us. You should focus on your work or study. That's good for you more than thinking about her. If you and she are really a couple, then you'll meet her again. If you can't meet her again, you should let you have the other chances. Sometimes, we just can meet someone in our life, but we cant be together with them. That's life. So please try your best! I hope all the best to you! Be strong and be happy! ;)

Make your self busy with friends and work etc

davidtran0394 wrote:

Back in 2011 I used to date a vietnamese american girl named Huong and she was my first girlfriend I ever had. She had such an amazing and cute personality. We've dated for a couple of months and she and I broke up in october of that year. It has been two years and I am still loving her and haven't gotten over her. I was 20 and we were the same age. I miss her a lot and I am longing for her. Does anyone have any idea advice to help me get over her ? I would really appreciate all the advice you can give.

Get a Vietnamese hooker

Remember what you had with fondness and affection and be happy grateful for what you had....

No need to go to BKK or anywhere else for that matter, there are plenty of young ladies here in Vietnam for you to make friends with.

Two options:

1. A Vietnamese girl's first love is her true love, and if so she will love you forever. That being the case you can simply tell her that you love her, need her, want her... VN girls understand this, and it should work magic.

2. If the above does not work then save yourself from further pain. Admit to yourself that she doesn't love you, return (or destroy) any personal gifts.

One Mandatory:

Smile, and look after your health !!!

well man take a step back look at your self.....ahhhhhh I'm only 22 i have my whole life ahead of me....... = move on, love comes love goes... thats life

Hello David,
Oh, young love is so good and rewarding! But you say..." I am still loving her and haven't gotten over her" It would appear you have many options...Option one is another woman, option two is another woman, and option three is another woman. But the best option of all is all three at one time. My son broke up with his girlfriend after a seven year relationship. Too bad he will not follow my advice because my advice to you is the same I am giving my son! I know how you feel when I was young I always fell in love too.In this day and age a man needs three of four women at the same time because you know good and well it is hard to be on the same page with a woman. In fact it is impossible to be on the same page with most people.That is because we look at life from different perspectives.Case in point, as I am writing to you I am writing into the future, because you are on the other side of the world. It is getting dark here while it is getting daylight there... You are a man of the future! Therefore let me enlighten you into what love is and is not... There are a lot of chemicals racing around your brain and body when you're in love. Researchers are gradually learning more and more about the roles they play both when we are falling in love and when we're in long-term relationships. Of course, estrogen and testosterone play a role in the sex drive area… Without them, we might never venture into the "real love" arena.
That initial giddiness that comes when we're first falling in love includes a racing heart, flushed skin and sweaty palms. Researchers say this is due to the dopamine, norepinephrine and phenylethylamine we're releasing. Dopamine is thought to be the "pleasure chemical," producing a feeling of bliss. Norepinephrine is similar to adrenaline and produces the racing heart and excitement. According to Helen Fisher, anthropologist and well-known love researcher from Rutgers University, together these two chemicals produce elation, intense energy, sleeplessness, craving, loss of appetite and focused attention. She also says, "The human body releases the cocktail of love rapture only when certain conditions are met and ... men more readily produce it than women, because of their more visual nature."
Researchers are using functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI) to watch how people's brains when they look at a photograph of their object of affection. According to Helen Fisher, a well-known love researcher and an anthropologist at Rutgers University, what they see in those scans during that "crazed, can't-think-of-anything-but stage of romance" -- the attraction stage -- is the biological drive to focus on one person. The scans showed increased blood flow in areas of the brain with high concentrations of receptors for dopamine -- associated with states of euphoria, craving and addiction. High levels of dopamine are also associated with norepinephrine, which heightens attention, short-term memory, hyperactivity, sleeplessness and goal-oriented behavior. In other words, couples in this stage of love focus intently on the relationship and often on little else.
Another possible explanation for the intense focus and idealizing view that occurs in the attraction stage comes from researchers at University College London. They discovered that people in love have lower levels of serotonin and also that neural circuits associated with the way we assess others are suppressed. These lower serotonin levels are the same as those found in people with obsessive-compulsive disorders, possibly explaining why those in love "obsess" about their partner. Your credulity is your down fall... And mine too because my readiness and willingness to believe in her love is especially based on slight or uncertain evidence...But it is the feelings of love.Now you know. It took me 66 years to find this out. Oh by the way you wait long enough and you will feel normal. But I am sure you will go back for a double shot of love! We all do. Be careful women are addictive. That is why you need a pair and spare... All relationships are addictive just like opiates! Now you understand why a woman is so hard to kick! She is a drug to you.
Stewart

Dont go to Phuket or Pattaya...
you will be an easy target for the best scammers in the world.

Best cure for getting over any woman is always get moved in to the next one!

There are many fish in the sea. Many you will find just as lovely and more loyal to remain with you. Do not waste your life on what could have been. Make a better life. Good luck.

Hi
I am not sure of the circumstances of why you and your girlfriend broke up but if there is a chance both of you can get back together then maybe go and find this lady and ask her if she is interested in becoming boyfriend & Girlfriend again. Good luck to you two both  if it is supposed to happen then it will Craig :)

Your only 22 mate, get out there and meet another one.   You could chance it and send out a search party for her but if she's moved on you'll only be disappointed.  How would you find her anyway. ?

1Stewart, ,,,whoa you've put some thought and research into that reply.  Thanks  because you've helped  me solve a phenomenon that's endemic in this country.   I can't get my head around the number of goofy looking guys , that within days of their feet hitting the ground in this country start prancing around wanting to marry people and buy them houses.......usually with disastrous results.

To be honest , I thought it was the chemicals in the airline food.   You get reasonably intelligent people boarding a plane and then 10 hours later they exit the plane pissing their pants trying to give their money away to the nearest pretty face.  Remarkable turn of events eh..

I'll have to keep.an eye on those dopamines, phenelephimies , endorphins etc..   Get too many of those jumping around in your nut sack and it could be costly.

I wish I can give you an advise but I cannot. I still love my first boy friend after nearly 3 years since the day we broke up.

Let's time heal your broken heart, be yourself and do whatever and meet whoever you can, and most importance is taking good care yourself, then you can see the miracle comes.

Please do not forget: no one loves you than you do !

go to vietnam live for while you will meet someone there and you will have a kind of same feeling with new one.

best way to get over someone, get under someone else

you are young.
there are literally millions of available ladies in your age group.
two words.
MOVE ON.

You're replying to a very old post.  The OP has not been back to the forum since 2014.  More than "move on", he has left the building forever.