Indonesian friend wanted to help with journalism articles!

Hi everyone!

I am applying to university next year to do a course in journalism. I really wish to write about Indonesia while I'm here, so that I can have an interesting blog and so that I can submit the articles in my university application. The problem is - I only know 'Tidak' and 'Hati-Hati' in Bahasa Indonesian, and I need someone who speaks both Indonesian and English to help me out with interviews.

I can't afford to pay anyone :( but it would be a good way for an Indonesian person to practice their English. I am a qualified English teacher so can help with anything you need.

I am looking for a female friend, just because meeting men from the internet is never really a good idea. My partner will accompany me when we meet. Also, I would prefer it was someone living in Eastern Jakarta.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Hello Lady Rara and welcome to Expat.com :)

You might want to post an ad in Jakarta's Classifieds -> Language exchange?

Hope this helps and please, do also share with us about your experience in Jakarta!

Good luck
Arlette

Ok I will! Thanks very much :) xxx

Hi Lady RaRa,

I give u simple indonesian vocabulary:

Yes= ya
Thank you = terimakasih

and : Welcome to Jakarta! = selamat datang di Jakarta!

:cool:

I would love to help you...

But I'm working so I don't have much time to help you...

Maybe, sometime in my free time I can company you

Just let me know...

Hi Lady RaRa,

and welcome to indonesia! well if you're interesting, i can help and i probably can learn english too ( i suck on grammar :( )

Hallo Rara

Nice to be your friend. I can help you. But maybe you should go to Bali first, Because I curently live In uta Bali. I can help you full.

Contact me at [email protected]. phone +62 361 9600991

Regards
Liesye

Hi Lady Rara,

where d'u live in Jakarta? i was helping my friend in journalist major. If you'd like to write in Indonesia I can give you few sample to do and give you some guidance books. Don't worry about the language, I'll translate that for you :) I live around Kebagusan, South Jakarta.