Help! Work problems=(

Hello all,

I was hoping some people might have had some experience in regards to employment issues which would allow you to kindly offer me some advice.  Here is the story...

I am an American currently working for a french company here in paris as a sales account executive.  I have a Carte de Sejour which will expire May 2011.  They have not been the best employer and have just now not given me commissions which are due to me.  This is the most important issue I have with them among many other things which I just brushed under the rug perhaps because I just don't know my rights really.  So my questions are:
-  Have any of you needed to contact an attorney for a similar situation?
-  Is there anyone you could recommend that I speak to?
-  If you have been fired and are a Carte de Sejour holder, can you collect unemployment?
-  If you have been fired, were you able to renew your carte de sejour?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks a bunch and I can't wait to hear your advice or thoughts.

hi!

for the commissions they owe you, you can threaten them to go to the Prud'hommes, and if I'm not mistaken as long as you can find another job you can renew your card, for the rest you can seek on the internet in french website about employment and the right you have.

kind regards

If you are fired and you have your current Carte de sejour you should register yourself in ASSEDIC and then you can be paid.
You are able to reniew your Carte de sejour if you find ideally a CDI (contrat à durée indeterminée) or a CDD (contrat à durée determinée) for a long period.