Calls to UK using Mobifone

Hi everyone,

My question gonna sound stupid :) But I'm really new here in HCMC and I need a little help.

I have prepaid Mobifone sim card. But can't find useful information how to make calls to UK landline (particulary Bank).
How to make calls on a cheap rate. there must be some codes to dial first or something.

Would be very happy to get some respond, Thank you

If you have a smartphone, skype is a winner (if your internet connection is fast enough).
I use it a lot, so I have a package that allows calls to UK landlines; I think it costs 10 quid every three months.

Unfortunatelly, Skype isn't an option for me. for one reason I can't top up the credits! Drives me crazy.

If it's a cell handset number you are calling +44 (plus the rest of the number without the first 0).

If it's a landline 00-44 (plus the rest of the landline number).

Banks often have special numbers for international callers that lets you bypass all the pre-recorded crap.

HSBC, being a lousy bank, has a special number BUT you need your ACCOUNT NUMBER (bank or CC) to complete quick access. (I did a credit check on the MD and got his home number - fastest reaction I ever had)

Have a read: VietNam Calling Guide

mas fred wrote:

If you have a smartphone, skype is a winner (if your internet connection is fast enough).
I use it a lot, so I have a package that allows calls to UK landlines; I think it costs 10 quid every three months.

If you use Skype, you can share your information with the NSA and GCHQ. Indonesia communications are monitored by Australia - in Melbourne.

Jaitch wrote:
mas fred wrote:

If you use Skype, you can share your information with the NSA and GCHQ. Indonesia communications are monitored by Australia - in Melbourne.

I'm talking to my mum about my baby son - they can listen in all they like - I don't give a rats.

Hi,

Compose sms "Dk QT2" to 9252 for calling to Uk for 480minutes/ 1month. The fee is 299 000d($15)[ fixed numbers only]

More details, pls read here: http://www.mobifone.com.vn/portal1/en/h … balsaving/

Regards

Ruth99 wrote:

Unfortunatelly, Skype isn't an option for me. for one reason I can't top up the credits! Drives me crazy.

Try Google Voice with a $ 10.00 calling credit and the option to claim back bad calls online. ** Forget the expensive Skype credit, go get the subscription = a flat rate

Hye Ruth99, landline phone or a UK bank phone with a prepaid mobiphone, costs me for about 4 to 6 minutes 25 000 to 40 000 Vnd About.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Compose sms "Dk QT2" to 9252 for calling to Uk for 480minutes/ 1month. The fee is 299 000d($15)[ fixed numbers only]

More details, pls read here: http://www.mobifone.com.vn ....

You wouldn't think Mobifone is actually owned by Vinafone! Mobi has many bright ideas - VNPT ... thinks like a telephone company circa 1960.

Jaitch wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

More details, pls read here: http://www.mobifone.com.vn ....

You wouldn't think Mobifone is actually owned by Vinafone! Mobi has many bright ideas - VNPT ... thinks like a telephone company circa 1960.

Yes... but it is still lucky that Uk is on the list of their service.

I just looked more details on my last call to UK landline with my prepaid Mobifone,
and i can say that for 13 minutes i just paid 83 715 Vnd which is about
4 100 vnd a minute Ruth99

sambasp wrote:

I just looked more details on my last call to UK landline with my prepaid Mobifone,
and i can say that for 13 minutes i just paid 83 715 Vnd which is about
4 100 vnd a minute Ruth99

Thanks for sharing - this is less than what I expected...