Looking for NGOs for volunteer work

Hello there,

I am interested in volunteering for an NGO/charity organization in Mauritius (preferably in the West) which cares for families in need. Does anyone know any organization which is currently looking for volunteers? I have already tried to contact some but without success.

I am a student from Germany and due to my studies I am very interested in the social situation of Mauritius. Furthermore I am well experienced in dealing with children and teenagers due to my work for holiday camps and scouts as well as tutoring for many years in Germany. Apart from English, I speak French and started to learn Creole.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi

I'm volunteering for Anges du Soleil in Tamarin. We are always looking for volunteers, if you are interested sent me a message :)
Thanks Diena

Hello StephJo,

You can try these:
Postal Address    Caritas Mauritius
1, Rue d'Estaing
Port-Louis
Mauritius
Telephone    +230 212 3405
+230 212 3910
Fax    +230 212 3405
E-mail    [email protected]
[email protected]
Website    www.caritas-ilemaurice.org

Chrysalide is a rehabilitation centre dedicated to women in substance abuse
Address: Royal Road, Bambous
Tel: (230) 452 5509
Fax: (230) 452 5504
Email: [email protected]
http://www.chrysalide.mu/

Regards
Veekram

Thank you very much Diena, I'll write you!

@Veekram
Thanks a lot for the addresses  :top:  I try to contact them.
Do you any contact person there?

You are welcome,

Well, not exactly. I just have seen TV programmes form these NGO's. I will have to consult my list to see someone specific. BTW, I am an executive member of the Biodiversity and Environment Institute - an NGO dealing with Sustainability and Environmental conservation, both in land and Marine ecosystems. If you would liketo know more and/or interested in such activities as snorkeling, hiking, volunteering for green activities and site visits to different areas of Mauritius, feel free to contact me. Meanwhile, I will check some of the contacts for you get in touch with for your search.

Have a nice day.

RGDS,
Veekram

Mayday sos Assistance

ONG-Provide financial assistance to needy children requiring medical treatment overseas

Avenue des Pinsons
Sodnac
Quatre-Bornes

u can try to find it out in government department.

Hi, Bonjour
Please keep an eye on the Petites Annonces on the ActTogether website that many NGO's use to advertise work and volunteer opportunities . Good luck. Hope you find something interesting in
Mauritius.
Regards,
Dr Jean-Marc Michel

Thank you Jean-Marc, I will check that website

Hi! I am looking for volunteers for a conservation project in Mauritius. If anyone would be interested to work with fruit bat do get back to me:) cheers

Hi Ajaf, I'd be very interested in your project, alas I don't have a car and I suppose some type of transportation is needed?  :(

we can work it out:)

what does the project consist of?

Hi Melissa,
I work with Mauritian Wildlife Foundation leading a project to asses the impact fruit bats have on commercial fruit plantations across Mauritius but also their ecology and role they play in forest regeneration. Its a long term project. I am looking for volunteers keen to go out and do some field work. I assess the damage caused to fruits, monitor bats activity etc. But there are a lot of other things to be done so all depends what you are interested in- you could even do some work at home if you would like to. best to get in touch and discuss. will send you a pvt message with my contact details.

Cheers

would u like to join mauritius youth red cross??

Guys,
it will be a pleasure for me to work with above mention NGOs during weekends only.

if there is something recent coming up in your calender thanks to keep me posted.
Bravo for the great work and all the best.

cheers
Sumeet :)

Hello I'm new on this site. I'm not an expatriate. I'm a mauritian from Port Louis and I'm looking for NGOS looking for volunteers. I would readily help in wildlife organisations also. Anyone who can help me please do contact me. Thank you.

Hello,

PAWS is always searching for help. If you are keen, keep in touch as I soon hope to bring together a working team for an animal welfare and education centre..... sponsorship and land first!

Hello Veek,
I am really keen to join your NGO, please message me as soon as possible please.

Hi @StephJo,

If you go to the Facebook page for “Let Us Help” you would be most welcome as it is a NGO that is preparing a program to help families and your experience would be very helpful.

Best regards,

David

Hello portmac,

Thank you for taking the time to respond but unfortunately the post of StephJo is from 2014 and StephJo is also no longer active on the forum.

However, I hope that other members find the information that you have provided useful1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team