White horseradish

I ordered 20lbs of steaks and beef from Omaha Steaks in the states, shipment will be here in a few days. I sure would like to find some horseradish, The prime rib just won't be the same without it.

http://lowres.jantoo.com/food-drink-chicken_soup-horses-waitress-food-restaurant-11833657_low.jpg

Hello, I bought horseradish cream a couple of months at the western groceries just down from Nhu Lan restaurant on Ham Nghi St.

Could you tell me how you shipped in Omaha steaks? They have some good beef importers in HCMC.

Enjoy

lostvietdreamer wrote:

Hello, I bought horseradish cream a couple of months at the western groceries just down from Nhu Lan restaurant on Ham Nghi St.

Could you tell me how you shipped in Omaha steaks? They have some good beef importers in HCMC.

Enjoy

Really not looking for the cream style, what I would like its the chunky stuff that brings tears to your eyes. Omaha Steaks won't ship overseas as you might now. I used a freight forwarder out of San Jose, CA, I've used them in the past and they have never let me down.. Shipping that beef chill all the way from the States down here to the Delta ain't cheap. I did check out two places in Saigon that were suppose to be good beef importers and recommended here on the blog, but what they had to offer and the prices were way out. Most of the meat had been refroze a few time or mislabeled as USAD and it wasn't even close. Thanks for your reply though.
Rick

Yes the cream style is not as good as the regular. However, it is Morehouse horseradish, a decent brand. I will be in HCMC in a couple of weeks and check again.

On another note, I live in Vung Tau and I am looking into doing a small sandwich and grill restaurant - coffee house and also sell good meat including beef, retail. On that note I have been researching the beef suppliers in HCMC (I have been in the restaurant business in Asia for 25 years and I know most of the scams. Some of the beef I have seen has been frozen for up to 10 years. I have checked out Metro in HCMC and the beef is not bad and I believe fairly fresh. You may also want to check out classicfinefoods.com/about-us/ I used them when my company was building Saigon Town & Country Club.

Best

lostvietdreamer wrote:

Yes the cream style is not as good as the regular. However, it is Morehouse horseradish, a decent brand. I will be in HCMC in a couple of weeks and check again.

On another note, I live in Vung Tau and I am looking into doing a small sandwich and grill restaurant - coffee house and also sell good meat including beef, retail. On that note I have been researching the beef suppliers in HCMC (I have been in the restaurant business in Asia for 25 years and I know most of the scams. Some of the beef I have seen has been frozen for up to 10 years. I have checked out Metro in HCMC and the beef is not bad and I believe fairly fresh. You may also want to check out http://www.classicfinefoods.com/about-us/ I used them when my company was building Saigon Town & Country Club.

Best

Thanks for the info guy. I'll check the link you provided later. A few years ago METRO down here in Can Tho had some good beef, but now days it's not close.

Rick

Hi budman1,
I intend to import some beef products into Vietnam and sell there in the wholesale market. Can u share some info about import procedures and restrictions pls.

You should be able to get horseradish from a good veg shop. I have eaten horseradish leaves with many dishes in Saigon, so it must be around. Vietnamese name for it is: cải ngựa.

eodmatt wrote:

You should be able to get horseradish from a good veg shop. I have eaten horseradish leaves with many dishes in Saigon, so it must be around. Vietnamese name for it is: cải ngựa.

Thanks for the translation guy. I'll give that a try.
Rick

too many experiences with bad beef from Metro in the past. Fine foods is more reliable. If you fine the horseradish, LET US KNOW!!!