Adelaide

Hello

I have been offered a good job in Adelaide and am seriously thinking of leaving the UK where I find a great deal of racism still among the English whites who often seem unable to differentiate between Pakistanis and Indians! I am a 25 year old Gujarati female PhD brought up in the UK and while I treasure some of my Indian culture, cannot accept the secondary role women are often expected to play.

Is there integration in the wider community?

Thank you
Akuti

Just make sure you have a backup plan if something goes wrong with that job on offer - not many jobs in Australia especially in PHD positions. If you are into medicine it should be a little easier but in general the situation is overall not  much different to the UK.

I suggest before permanently relocating - take the job, check it out and after year when you're still happy make that move.

Hello Akuti,

As stated by another user of this forum, Adelaide has not much openings for Phd grads... well, if you have got a permanent role in Adelaide, then that's really awesome. But if it's a short term role or a contractual role, then you might be at risk.

So if you have a good permanent job, then you will really have an awesome time. Just let me know in case you need more info about Adelaide. As i have been here since sometime and also from India.

Cheers !

Chandan