Regarding a job ofr

:sick hi friends I have a job ofr in port moresby, with a salary of. 2000 k, company wl gve acomodation, for food I hav to spend
What do u think.'? I m litle bit consern about security, because wife also having same ofr
Which r the food available.?
Is intrnet is costly?
How much I wil be able to save
What is the time period of visa procesing
Can u answr

NISSARADOOR wrote:

:sick hi friends I have a job ofr in port moresby, with a salary of. 2000 k, company wl gve acomodation, for food I hav to spend
What do u think.'? I m litle bit consern about security, because wife also having same ofr
Which r the food available.?
Is intrnet is costly?
How much I wil be able to save
What is the time period of visa procesing
Can u answr

Is that money before tax or after tax You pay 30% tax in PNG

Most salary packages contain the following
Secure accommodation
Food allowance
Transport
Annual flights home

If you are not getting this then you will struggle in PNG. The cost of living is very high. For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

There are many varieties of food available from different countries
Security is important. You need to be aware of your surroundings, not wear flashy jewelry, take care at banks when getting money from ATM's.

S its aftr tax, my job in hospital

Hi,

IMO 2k for monthly salary is too low. Internet is very expensive. I usually spends 300 kina for internet/phone credit alone in a month as I am a heavy internet user.

Most of company I know who gives that kind of bracket salary would include accomodation, food, phone credit, tranpo etc. but if 2k alone then I think you need to think twice.

Security is kindda tough here. You cannot get any help from the local authorities and in fact some of them will even do harm to you (just saying).

yushen16 wrote:

Hi,

IMO 2k for monthly salary is too low. Internet is very expensive. I usually spends 300 kina for internet/phone credit alone in a month as I am a heavy internet user.

Most of company I know who gives that kind of bracket salary would include accomodation, food, phone credit, tranpo etc. but if 2k alone then I think you need to think twice.

Security is kindda tough here. You cannot get any help from the local authorities and in fact some of them will even do harm to you (just saying).

Expect food & internet i am getting all other allowances you have mentioned for the same package of 2000Kina. Is it good ? My life is very simple. How much will be the spending any idea.?

it will get you by but you really have to stretch yourself. 1kg of chicken is ranging from 27kina up...now if you will only eat kangkong or spinach, then I guess 2k might be enough for your needs but very little savings. If it's me they will offer 2k, I'd rather be in my country than here :) again this is just me.