How to get a birth certificate without married?

Hi everyone.
My friend she wants to have a baby with her boyfriend, he is bristish. He just came here for visit her and will back soon. And she dont wanna marry, just want to put his name on her baby's birth certificate.
Does anyone know how to do it? Can the baby get both passport?

Thanks in advance.

From your post it appears the Mother-to-be is VNese.

The VN hospital issues the equivalent of a 'Live Birth' report. She can state her 'husband' and the babies Father is XYZ.

She should immediately apply for a VNese passport. First, not a UK Passport. It is important that she get the passport in this order.

Then the Father should approach the UK authorities to have the baby issued with a UK citizenship and passport. To do this he will need a translated (in to English) Birth Certificate and have it notarised by the Public Notary in HCM.

The UK will most likely require DNA tests - they have selected doctors in the city,

But, PLEASE, remember VN passport first. The UK will always issue a passport after the VN passport whereas VN does not always issue a passport AFTER another has been issued.

Link 0

Link 1

Link 2

Thanks so much Jaitch.
But the problem is he might not be here when she give a birth, cause he just came for visit. Can he leave some documents for her to do it by herself later?

QuynnTr wrote:

But the problem is he might not be here when she give a birth, cause he just came for visit. Can he leave some documents for her to do it by herself later?

He doesn't have to be present. She just has to give his name as the Father.

No different from a husband being absent from a child's birth. That's why they use DNA. The hospital knows who the Mother is - no hospital knows who the Father of any baby is. What happens in the case when a married woman has an relationship with a man who is not his husband and gets impregnated? That's why DNA tests are used.

Remember, when the baby is born, the hospital issues a document. The registration of this document with authorities results in a birth certificate.

There is one consideration your friend should think about. When a Fathers name is put on a Birth Certificate it gives him parental rights. If the couple splits, there is the question of custody. Also, a parent, travelling alone with a child with a Father's name on the birth certificate, can be required to produce a Consent Form allowing the baby to travel out of a country. Some Common Law (unmarried) couples choose only to put the birth Mother's name on the birth certificate.

Even if the Father's name is not on the Birth Certificate, he can still prove he is the Father and get UK citizenship for the child.

Jaitch wrote:

The VN hospital issues the equivalent of a 'Live Birth' report. She can state her 'husband' and the babies Father is XYZ.

She should immediately apply for a VNese passport. First, not a UK Passport. It is important that she get the passport in this order.

Then the Father should approach the UK authorities to have the baby issued with a UK citizenship and passport. To do this he will need a translated (in to English) Birth Certificate and have it notarised by the Public Notary in HCM.

The UK will most likely require DNA tests - they have selected doctors in the city,

But, PLEASE, remember VN passport first. The UK will always issue a passport after the VN passport whereas VN does not always issue a passport AFTER another has been issued.

Link 0

Link 1

Link 2

I'm not saying you're wrong since one thing can be done many ways here but when I got my baby's birth certificate unmarried, we had no choice but to leave him off. We later had to go back and do the blood test, legal adoption process. If you join the Mothers & Babies in Saigon facebook group, you will see many mothers went through the same thing. It also depends on country as some countries don't even require a birth certificate from Vietnam.

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
Jaitch wrote:

Link 0

Link 1

Link 2

I'm not saying you're wrong since one thing can be done many ways here but when I got my baby's birth certificate unmarried, we had no choice but to leave him off. We later had to go back and do the blood test, legal adoption process. If you join the Mothers & Babies in Saigon facebook group, you will see many mothers went through the same thing. It also depends on country as some countries don't even require a birth certificate from Vietnam.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/whos-your-daddy-someecard.png

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

All the 'popular' countries for immigration (Australia, Canada, Euro, USA) seem to increasingly require DNA where the parents aren't legally married (obviously they assume a married couple to be parents - not having heard of adultery).

The key, the most important thing, is to get the VN passport first. A VN passport is good for all ASEAN countries BUT VN gives you hassles if you go for a passport AFTER they have another passport.

Personally, I think leaving the Father's name off the birth certificate is the best way if the parents aren't intending to get married. This makes the Mother the custodial parent.

I seen VN calls unmarried, or common law, parents de facto.

But if the arrival of baby means the couple are staying together as a couple - why not get married before the arrival - it saves hassles.

Not only are VN laws changing but also the laws in many countries. For example, a child born in India isn't an Indian unless the parents are legally resident.

Not only are VN laws changing but also the laws in many countries. For example, a child born in India isn't an Indian unless the parents are legally resident.

Off spring of Kiwi citizens, born in Australia, have until they are 21 or 25? yrs of age, to decide if they want to have dual citizenship.

So confuse now. Ofcourse she will get the birth certificate for the baby but she wants to put his name as a Father and  gets the baby UK citizen ship and he agree with that, but they are not intend to get together in the future. He staying here just for few months so not sure he will be here when the baby delivered.

thanks, hope the MOthers and Babies group helps.

if mother dont have pasport yet.. it is still possible for my baby to get VN pasport first? thank you...

Parents just need their own birth certificate (and possibly citizenship documents) if they don't have a passport.

if dont have any document?? because not yet apllying the certificate birth since she was born before... but now we still waiting process of my wife's certificate family from the place now we were staying... the problem is now my baby already born and from hospital they just give us 2 month for apply certificate born while we still waiting for my wife certificate.... any others better way for me guys ?? thanks

i can applying my baby certificate now.. but without certificate married my name as father will not appear ... just have mother name and i dont want that... so i really2 need help now.. please guys if there any

i can applying my baby certificate now.. but without marriage certificate  my name as father will not appear ... just have mother name and i dont want that... so i really2 need help now.. please guys if there any idea for me....
... my problem now is
1. my wife not yet have the certificate that prove she is a vietnamese [dont have ID] ( but we on processing now )
2. the hospital where my baby born give 2 month for applying the birth certificate..
so what is my first step now guys??? thanks