New BBC television series filming in Mauritius

I am working on a new BBC Series called Wanted in Paradise where we take families who are thinking of relocating,  to their preferred destination. Once there they get chance to have a look, see the type of home they may be able to afford and look into the job market, education, nurseries, healthcare etc.

As some of the people we are filming are heading for Mauritius, it would be incredibly helpful if there were any UK expats who may be happy to give us their contact details so we could pick their brains about aspects of living there and possibly arrange some filming with them. Perhaps they have set up their own businesses, put children into schools, or bought homes.

The filming team will be in Mauritius over the next couple of weeks so it would be great to hear back from people as soon as possible to see if we could set up some meetings for when they arrive.

many thanks!

Hi, this sounds like an amazing project. I'm not British myself so I won't be of any use, but I will pass the message to my Brit expat friends who live here. Good luck with the program!

many thanks. Much appreciated. that local knowledge and experience will be so helpful

Hi,
I'm an expat from india but know 2 expat from UK . Please contact me when you land.
im based in Mauritius now.

goshika

Hello there.
How very exciting
I have returned home after living in the UK for 45 years..
First of all we bought some land and then had a house built..
If I can help in any way please contact me

I'm a UK resident/expat and my Mauritian wife and I are having a baby! We're looking to settle there as soon as I get a job. Is love to help your program

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : no free ads please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Forgot to mention in case you find my story compelling albeit an expat from the states and not uk- I have had a few years acting.. Cheers!

Hi

My name is Mark Cornish. I moved to Mauritius just over 4 years ago with my wife and kids. In the meantime we have had another child here. My wife is a head teacher at a primary school and I was working for a pharma multinational, but have left that job to start my own companies.

I am also involved with a rugby / cricket club.

I am at your disposal should you require any assistance. You can either contact me through expatblog or on my number +230 52522007.

Cheers Mark

Mark, many thanks for getting in touch. I am going to pass on your details to the Mauritius filming team   
Best wishes

Hi

I am a photographer/cameraman from the UK currently based in Mauritius. Over 15 years my experience covers being a photographer for National Press (Guardian/independent) and as a cameraman for TV, docs, fact doc, travel programmes. I have shot documentaries for C4 as well as beginning my career years ago on the series Modern Times and a OB doc series for the BBC.

I'm based in Flic en Flac and I have my kit as a photographer and cameraman if you need a shooter on the island. I'm experienced at OB Docs, good with people and shoot travel videos for leading tourist destinations.

You can view my work at: krop.com/d-pic where you will also find a CV.

I am also on +230 59807673 or email me on: [email protected]

Please feel free to get in touch if you need some help on production.

Thanks

Diensen Pamben

Hi, I have now returned to Mauritius after living in UK for 38 years.. I may help with experiences before I left and now.If interested please call me on my mobile 59053594. many thanks karmesh

Hi
Possibly a bit late but only just seen this. I am a Scottish expat currently living in Mauritius for over 4 years. previously many years in SA. Certainly have some view points. Let me know if still wanted.

Hi, i have just moved from London ,England about 5 weeks ago! I live  here with my husband and 3 children,and have taken over my MIL restraunt.we came here to make a better life for our family. My husband is Mauritan. Is the program like wanted down under? Please message me if i can be of help. Thanks!

I saw this same thing posted in a Thailand forum where I live.  Does the BBC not have any money to pay people for this invaluable information?
Doesn't seem very professional to get paid for something, yet looking for "volunteers".  Why not offer some decent money for people's valuable time as the BBC will be charging advertisers that wish to advertise on the airing of these shows, correct?

Hi , I'm British/Mauritian and I am currently in Hk and moving to Mauritius in the near future

I am a self employed artist working here in Mauritius,having moved here three years ago, my son is a pilot for Air Mauritius. We both love it here, and live in the north. I had a props company in London for many years and my biggest clients were the BBC and I helped with stage sets and back drops.
I have just returned from the UK today. If I can be of any assistance please contact me.

Hi
I agree with you on this
There must be a budget bbc  researchers get paid good salaries at the uk public expense check with UK bbc first beforehand I am heading back to UK and know the bbc and we Brits  pay a huge licence fee typical

The BBC is tax payer funded via the TV licence system, they are already paying themselves to much at the top to worry about the little people !

Hi thanks for your message, quite happy to corporate, we are back to Mauritius after 35 years in UK. I have bought a place here and my daughter is at Ecole du Nord, previously she has studied in London, St Mary's School, Marylebone and at Orleans , France. I used to work for FCO.

D Ramkissoon

10 Les Hauts Champs
Beau sejour
Piton
Mauritius

Tel. 52526389

Hi.  I run a line producing company here in Mauritius. Have been in this line for over 17 years and shot and assisted lots of international productions . seeing that you want to shoot ..so if ever you  need my services I shall be glad to assist you ... I also know of families who are settled here .. I can approach them if you wish and revert back ..my mail I'd Is [email protected].  Cell 0023059415927.   Thanks. And regards Sly Bhunjun.

Hi I am not sure that this is a commissioned project by the bbc
I am in London will let you know be careful expats check the bbc website and get names before you divulge your private details and income earnings to strangers
All sounds exciting but check first
With bbc
Thank you

So if you work for the bbc can you confirm or not? I've seen it everywhere online, they're having meet ups at Belle Crique in Rivière Noire amongst other locales...

Hi
I do not work for the bbc  I am in London and
I have been in contact with them and had no reply about this meetings to get free information using tax payers money  frustrates me
That's all be careful meetings are not confirmation or a contract disclosing information about ones private affairs is concerning to me
Thanks i look forward to watching this show should it ever happen ??

Hi,
I'm an expat from india but know 2 expat from UK . Please contact me when you land.
im based in Mauritius now.

Goshika

So is this for real? :unsure
It certainly sets my alarm bells ringing.

Hello

We are a family of five, Mum Dad two daughters 18yrs and 17yrs old, a son who are 5yrs. All borned in LONDON.We have reloted to Mauritius, we are now enjoying live on the island, the kids use all mainstream school and live life to the full. We have done a program with the BBC ''Give Me a Break'' where kids take control of family haoliday.

We will be delighted to get involve i the project, please contact us on 57026130, 5788 2648 or email at [email protected]

Thank You and have a good day.

Rajiv Dabedeen

Has anyone found out if this is for real or a scam?

I think this programme has already been shot and aired in the UK no BBC 2....

What was it called do you know?

I believe this was it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b054yplr

watched the programme a few weeks ago. It was a series and they went to other Caribbean islands as well. The episode shot in Mauritius was mostly shot in Riviere Noire. It is on the BBC iplayer.

Thanks - I did see that but didn't associate it with this thread as it sounded as if they were making a programme about expats and the programme was about a possible relocation to Mauritius.
Just scrolled back up to the OP's post and yes it does sound like that was the programme I saw.

Yes your right Daisy - this thread was the programme that you saw :)

Unable to watch the programme here in Mauritius on BBC i Player as this is only available in the UK, so now looking at other ways to be able to watch it.

very interesting myself had spent 11 years in Tanzania and now back home.

regards
rishi

YouTube: Wanted in Paradise series 1 episode 7. you can see it on this link, good show. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tH-KCkb7U