The best way to apply for Vietnam visa

The fastest and easiest way to get a visa to Vietnam is applying online for a Visa on Arrival through a travel agent. You will get your Visa Approval Letter (or Visa Pre-approved Letter) after 2 working days (normal) or 1 working day (urgent). All you have to do is only to fill in this secure online form here, after that, you pay the fee, and get your approval letter. Please kindly check your email to get your approval letter as we will send your Vietnam approval letter in your registered email. (Please note the exact email address)
The other way is to get normal Vietnam entry visa (to be received before traveling) directly at Vietnam Embassy in your country. This takes time (around 4-10 days) and requires many procedures. In addition, the requirements for getting Vietnam visa at the embassy vary from Embassy to Embassy that can be time-consuming for applicants.

In short, we recommend the first way to get Vietnam visa as it is fast, cheap and secured for all.

Doesn't work if you are here already. I tried.
Immigration doesn't do their job.
They say it is automatically extended. But don't extend it for you.
I've been told that both in Nha Trang and SGN.
You have to use "agents" at 3-4 times the costs.
Then you are charged with "overstay" because you believed immigration. I was.
Now your only get 1 month extended.
It looks like the Government wants you out and that you stay out.
Maybe I should take the hint.

Hi RealPommy, I am searching for more info about entry to vietnam during this abnormal time.   Ran across this chat, I am confused about your post.  Is this post related to the question above or is this posted in the wrong chat?

RealPommy wrote:

Only extended automatically (& free) if you entered after 1st March, before that date, like me had to pay for 3 months extension x 2 using an agent. Now only 1 months extensions granted & using an agent the fee last time I checked was 60$ if you are registered resident  in Ha Noi & 130$ if you are registered as resident in HCMC. Haven't got a clue what the costs are anywhere else. Seems a strange situation the two different costs & maybe someone on the forum can clarify?
Also from what I am told if you go for the 1 months extension through an agent you could find yourself without your passport for up to 14 days.

The whole visa system is a mess. Laws change like the wind, and immigration makes it so they can profit big time.

You are absolute correct. I get fed up.
To get e-visa on line is fast, cheap and effective.
But you can't get it when you are IN the country.
I hate Benjamn business. It goes totally against my grain.
Now, you only get 1 month extension.
I should get out, but both my bookings so far were cancelled by the airline.

Like your comment.
You are spot on.
I am no without a passport for 14 days as you said.
And my stupid bank Techombank, forced me to change my password.
A process that doesn't work and without passport, no luck at the bank.
Both my return flights were cancelled.
I try again.

RealPommy wrote:

I've been told that both in Nha Trang and SGN.
You have to use "agents" at 3-4 times the costs.
Then you are charged with "overstay" because you believed immigration. I was.
Now your only get 1 month extended.
It looks like the Government wants you out and that you stay out.
Maybe I should take the hint.

Seriously? The single spam troll post to which you replied has been dormant for 10 years.

Also, it was obviously a post about normal conditions (10 years ago).

We now have numerous current threads about the special procedures and restrictions on visas since much earlier this year.

Where?

If you are not in the special category group, forget it.
If you come as a tourist, no dice.
They will not let you in for at least another 12 months, I expect.
Sorry,

RealPommy wrote:

Where?

This thread has a lot of information since May, although some people did go off topic:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=894370