Procedures of getting married - Indian with German

Hi everyone,
                     I am Queenith from India. I am in a relationship with my boyfriend since 1 and half years we met in Germany and he is from Afghanistan since he was a Refuge and he came to EUROPE and he have no family  and European govt have given him now a citizen of Europe since he was there in Germany from past 4 years since he don't have family govt was taking care of him and now he wants to settle his life with me . and we both are planning to settle in Germany . now my Question is since i am Indian and he is a German now . so what is the procedure to both of to get married and what all the documentation required and from my parents , since they are also agreed for my Relationship and they are happy too . please suggest me .

Hello Queenith and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that soon enough some members will be able to help you. Until then I invite you to read the following thread so as to gather some infos that may be useful :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150224https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=245947https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=357636

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

This very much depends on where you want to marry.
If you want to marry in India, you need to follow the requirements there (ask at your local authorities). Getting a foreign marriage recognised in Germany is relatively easy, although there might be a check if yours is a marriage of convenience (i.e. for the sole purpose of getting a visa), so be prepared to show proof of a longer relationship in case they ask.
Marrying a foreigner in Germany is notoriously complicated and requires several documents from your home country, with official translations into German. Getting all this will take several months, lots of nerves and several thousand Euros. To start this, your boyfriend visit his local Standesamt.
Alternatively, you could marry anywhere else in the world. Requirements differ, but some places are considered particularly easy (e.g. Denmark, Las Vegas, Singapore). Getting recognition in Germany will be similar as when marrying in India.

Thanks for you post it was little helpful , so you can we get married in India and then we can go together to Germany is it possible ? weather German govt will give me visa to stay with him ?

Yes, as spouse of a German citizen you are entied to unlimited stay and work in Germany.

Queenith wrote:

Thanks for you post it was little helpful , so you can we get married in India and then we can go together to Germany is it possible ? weather German govt will give me visa to stay with him ?

Hi Queenith, offcourse like the answer before, You can marry in India or here in Germany, but do make it sure You know each regulation regarding these marriage in legal way (whether in Germany or in India. Since every country has different rules in dealing with interaccial marriage process. Make it sure that Your boyfriend contacts the related department in his area and the embassy of Your country in Germany. At least those were what we were doing before.

Hi, if u plan to stay in germany I think it is better you get marry in Germany, your fiancé has to sand u visa married invitation , you can start from there! The German embassy will tell you what  kind of document you need in order to get married in Germany! That I know you have to prove on paper that you are single,  all documents has to be in German and stamp by notari, you can get the transleters list from German embassy!! A lot of works but I know you can do it!  Good luck :-)

I am an Indian guy living in Delhi and my boyfriend who is spanish by citizenship by living in germany from last 30 years. He lives in Frankfurt and we are planning to marry soon and move in together.

I have already been to germany many time and now I am moving there for 6 month to complete my language course. We will be living together. We have plan to get married during the period of my course duration.

Can we marry in germany while I am doing my language course. I have read that they need certificate of marriageability thats is I am single. In India we don't have any recognize ministry or department who proves this. Secondly being and gay and marrying my boyfriend no we will write for me that I am single as homosexulity is illegal here.

can you all please guide me that can I marry my boyfriend while doing my course and get my status changed to residence permit and stay with him.

Looking fiawrd to hear you all

Gav

This is a very specific question and I think it is unlikely anybody on this forum knows the answer.
Your boyfriend should check with his local marriage registry (Standesamt) which documents they need in your case.
Also, you should check whether a gay marriage will get you a residence visa for Germany - I heard not!

Hey thanks, but i did some internet search and gays are allow to receive residence permit. there is something called civil union and one have same rights like a marriage couple except some tax related benefits.

My question is still unsolved, can I marry my boyfriend while doing my language course and change my status to residence permit as spouse.

As far as I know, civil union is not recognised by Germany for visa purposes - so check with the embassy!
If you want to marry in Germany, you need to enter the country on a marriage visa. Other visa types are not convertible. But you can possibly leave the country afterwards, apply for a family reunion visa and return with it. Again, the embassy is the best source of information.

there is special visa check list for intended marriage/civil union. so i guess its recognized.

The problem with this category is that its full of documentation and take a lot of time. I have heard in many cases it took almost 6-8 months to get an approval.

I was wondering can I marry  my boyfriend in Denmark or in spain and then apply for residence permit as spouse.

please guide

therewasgav wrote:

I have heard in many cases it took almost 6-8 months to get an approval.

I also heard the same (for mixed couples).

therewasgav wrote:

I was wondering can I marry  my boyfriend in Denmark or in spain and then apply for residence permit as spouse.

Yes you can - and it is easier than marrying in Germany.

i am a guy from small town of Nepal. my gf is from Germany.
we are in relationship from last two and half years.
now we are planning to get married. we want to marry in Nepal and my gf apply for  Ehefähigkeitszeugnis..
they told us we will get it in 10 weeks and it already passed. and no response from them.
please help me the easiest way to get married and moving to Germany?

thank you
roshan

You should check with the local Standesamt of your wife (where you applied for her Ehefaehigkeitszeugnis), why it is taking that long.

we already tried that but they are saying its in process and they are not allowed to say anything about that.