Salsa dancing in Cairo

I enjoy listening to all genres of music. I really enjoy busting out a few moves on the dance floor to Arabic, Pop, Techno and many other kinds of tunes. The music that is guaranteed to get me up and out of the chair is a Latin beat!
I have always loved the sound of Latin music. It makes me come alive and no matter how bad of a day I have had, the music just shines through the black cloud that was hanging over my head, add salsa dancing to that equation and not only do my woes become a distant memory, I have fun and get a great work out.
When I moved to Cairo, I got to know a certain gentleman who was a fabulous dancer and had taken many classes and was competitive material. I longed to be able to dance like him so that we could go out dancing together. He didn't like the idea of me taking lessons from a male instructor so, I didn't. When our ‘friendship' came to a tragic end. I took up salsa classes.

If you are a Salsero or a Salsera, then I highly recommend that you join the Salsa Club Egypt group on Facebook. You can find out when and where Salsa nights are held and when the next Salsa Congress will be hosted in Cairo.
Sunday, Monday and Thursday are popular Salsa dancing nights in Cairo.
Sunday, Salsa Club Egypt offers dance classes at Stiletto before the Salsa night begins.
Beginners: 8pm
Absolute beginners: 9pm
Intermediate: 9pm

Rasha, is usually the instructor and she is amazing to watch.

Monday night salsa at Nile Maxim also offers dance lessons before the night starts.
They offer free classes at 9pm. Nile Maxim is a boat found opposite the Marriot Hotel in Zamalek. Salsa nights are held in Le Varanda.

Thursday night you will find some of the best salsa dancers unwinding after a week of working, showing off their signature moves at Café Bian in Mohendiseen.
I have only been there once and I would never have thought that they would have a night of dancing there, but they do. Bian Café is near medan aswan\next to Atlas Hotel and Omda restaurant.
Salsa Club Egypt
facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages&tid=1373272903735#!/group.php?gid=20876892729

If you are interested in taking Salsa classes in your area you may want to look in to these places.

Heliopolis
The Studio (this is where I learned to dance)
Samia Alouba

Maadi
Arthur Murry

Alexandria
Tamarin Center

i like your topics and the way you see Egypt

In fact, I have never tried to dance despite of the fire I feel inside when I listen to music sometimes.
I really feel that adrenaline is running over my veins with blood; encouraging every muscle in my body to perform a move.
Yet, I do not go for it as I was never such a good dancer.

So how much does it cost to take a Salsa Dancing Session???

Thanks for the topic

:)

It depends where you go for lessons.
Some are 35LE a class others are 70$ + for the course.

are there any classes for "rigid on the floor" brits ? il pay anything for someone who can get me to move on the dance floor....

and please no "go for a belly dancing class" jokes, i already fell for that one 2 months back :(

you would probably have to go to a beginners class.
The instructors from Salsa Club Egypt are FANTASTIC to work with and my instructor in Heliopolis @ The Studio taught me how to burn up the dance floor step by step.
There's only one way to find out Kryptonite and that is to give it a shot.

When you have the rythm and moves, we could test our moves @ the Salsa nights.

could you message me that instructors number or studio info...

thanks IrishAlex :)

mmmmmmmmmm
thx dear
:)