Must re-home our beloved Sugar Gliders...

Hello all. Looks like we have to move out of Vietnam in December. Originally we thought we could bring our 2 sugar gliders with us (female and neutered male). Turns out, we can't, so we are looking for a new home for them. It absolutely breaks my heart. We've had them for about a year and I've become quite attached to Miss Chicken and Mr. Monkey (silly names, I know...).

Sugar gliders are classified as exotic pets. They are little flying squirrels that can become super attached to you if you spend enough time taming them. Here is what they look like...I didn't know how to load a pic of our lil guys.

https://www.google.com.vn/url?sa=i& … 3254235088

We are asking a re-homing fee of 2million VND. This includes both gliders, a big, custom-built cage with a wheel, 2 pouches, toys, a small travel cage, and feeding bowls. We'd prefer someone with glider experience, but someone who is dedicated, loving and willing to do some research on these fairly advanced pets will be just fine as well.  We live in Tan Binh district of HCMC. Thanks for reading! Hopefully, our little guys will find a loving and attentive home :)

Pity you weren't Aussie, you could have possibly , ( but highly unlikely ),  pleaded that these flying rats/possums were native to Aus originally. ( Tasmania in fact , where they have become a pest, eating very rare Swift parrots,  I'm surprised they could handle the heat and humidity of VN, etc , but I suppose that's all part of " evolution ", like eating meat?  ).

They are quite happy here, actually. Our gliders eat fruits and veggies and the occasional meal worm. And they are waay cuter than any rat/possum :)

MTinHCMC wrote:

They are quite happy here, actually. Our gliders eat fruits and veggies and the occasional meal worm. And they are waay cuter than any rat/possum :)

I agree, but they are actually classified as an Opossum in Aus. ( No Squirrels in Aus, except a few that were introduced to Western Aus ) ).

These two adorable fur balls are still looking for a new home! If you are looking for a pet, take a look at sugar gliders. They have so much personality, they are clean and quiet, and it's just something different from the usual pets. PM me if you want some more information on our gliders, Monkey and Chicken, or about sugar gliders in general.

We found an amazing home for our lil guys!! I was getting so stressed but we found someone who has owned gliders before and will give them the love and attention they need. So thankful right now!

I'm very glad to hear that. Owning & caring for exotic panimals can be very difficult, and , as you say, the aninals do become attached to you if you treat them with love and care.