Makeing a new "FRIENDS'

Making a new friends in Riyadh city...

Hi there everyone... hope that you are all okey and doing just fine in your lives,

Anywho I live in riyadh city and realy would like to meet new people and make a new friendship.

so to all people who lives in Riyadh city let's make A new group with each other and meet if we could. so feel free anyone to writes me back about this topic.

Hope that u all liked my topic and enjoy it.

Have a nice day...

Your friend:

Mr.T

You live in Riyadh..? is there any life there at all?

hey how old ru  and wot do u do? where u live in riyadh? is there any life activity there i mean parties family getogathers?

MR.T You need more friends? You have the entire A-TEAM!

It is complicated fro women and emn to socialize here in Riyadh. And it is almost impossible to make saudi friends. :(

There is however things to do in Riyadh. But no cinema and very little culture (dance, art, theatre, music etc.) I would say. If you want to socialize with friends I would say it is best to meet at the western style compounds.

I'm just friendly with every foreigner I see, we're all pretty much visiting here and all have something to talk about. So if I'm waiting in line at the grocery store and I see someone that's from out of town, I just spark up a "hey, how's it going" and go from there.

I find making Saudi friends is relatively easy, it's just that there are limitations in the things we have in common, or how they act in public surroundings that might be a little awkward to some. But you'll have a mix of both, most of the ones I've decided to keep as friends are well educated and have lived abroad.

schulz wrote:

That's exactly what I thought, haha!

Life is every where..Riyadh is the best place for making business.. if any one wants to have parties "?:cool:" you may live at compound as EYS said.

Mr. T

I invite thee to join the expat club group. were already having meetups and get togethers all the time ;)

Mr. Beezer

Your a very interesting person. :D can I add you as a contact? :)

Salman

Salman Omrani wrote:

Request sent buddy.

beezer wrote:

I'm just friendly with every foreigner I see, we're all pretty much visiting here and all have something to talk about. So if I'm waiting in line at the grocery store and I see someone that's from out of town, I just spark up a "hey, how's it going" and go from there.

I find making Saudi friends is relatively easy, it's just that there are limitations in the things we have in common, or how they act in public surroundings that might be a little awkward to some. But you'll have a mix of both, most of the ones I've decided to keep as friends are well educated and have lived abroad.

hehehehehe.....I like the attitude,I wish i had b**** to do it too.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:..yeah but I m nice if someone pass friendly smile and exchange some chitchat

Though I m still gonna try to initiator it personally :P

ratnadeep_j wrote:

You live in Riyadh..? is there any life there at all?

Hi there you...

Sure there is a life in riyadh, what do u think!!!!

REALROMANCE wrote:

hey how old ru  and wot do u do? where u live in riyadh? is there any life activity there i mean parties family getogathers?

Hello RealRomance...

I'm 20 years old, and I'm student, I live in Riyadh/Sulemaniyah, And yes there is a parties and every thing that will make u happy,,,I'm sure of that ^_^

Anywho where do u live?...

schulz wrote:

Hi schulz...

Thnx for your quick response and your very nice hospitality...

I'm sure i'll be Pleased to Join your group ^_^

Your friend:

Mr.T

EYS wrote:

It is complicated fro women and emn to socialize here in Riyadh. And it is almost impossible to make saudi friends. :(

Hi "EYE" ...

It's realy not very difficult to socializing between men and women. Anywho where do u live in Riyadh?!!!

And about the suadi people i'm sure that they are very friendly.

Your friend:

Mr.T

beezer wrote:

Hello Beezer...

Thnx for your realy realy looooong report... ^_^

Your friend:

Mr.T

Salman Omrani wrote:

Mr. T

I invite thee to join the expat club group. were already having meetups and get togethers all the time ;)

Mr. Beezer

Salman

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi there Salman...

I would rely love that man, and thnx for your hospitality.

Anywho you can add me as a contact and let me know when you guys meet up... ^_^

Your friend:

Mr.T

It seems normal live in Riyadh only in compounds!( Outside of compound it's worse than in a prison, no way to socialize and make friends. We are counting days when we can leave this ...place.

I wish if I live in Riyadh.

Sara4Sara wrote:
DRose wrote:

It seems normal live in Riyadh only in compounds!( Outside of compound it's worse than in a prison, no way to socialize and make friends. We are counting days when we can leave this ...place.

come on it cant be that bad , there are many things u can do here

It can be bad, Sara, when you come from a country with more freedom and a more developed culture.  You see, I think your culture is aimed 'inward,' more towards family (which certainly is a good thing, please don't misunderstand me).

Where many of us come from, however, the culture is aimed more 'outward,' towards social and cultural activities, things that we don't have access to here in Saudia, especially women.

Discussion is very welcome :)

Sara4sara and happyexpat654 are both Saudis so are bound to be more comfortable in Saudi Arabia.
I have lived as an expat most of my working life and everywhere is what you make of it.
Ok, some places are better than others, (:lol::lol::lol:) but it was my choice to come here and to stay, so hello all you Expat.comgers lets get living instead of loafing.

See you at the next function - maybe. :lol::lol::lol:

Dave'n'Jill

Am not sure if we could call western culture as "developed"? Its more or less, I would think, a "modern" culture rather than developed.

Development could be relative to culture, religion, norms, ethics, of the region and its people. One womans "protective" hijab could be anothers "oppressive" nightmare.

You have to take things in context to the people and environment based on their value systems and lifestyles.

Change comes, no doubt, even in the so called "developed" world where women got the right to vote and inherit from their dependants only in recent times.

Hey there,
I agree its not very easy adapting to KSA although I must say I havent been here for too long so hopefully it gets better & more comfortalbe for me here. The no-driving for women is killing me I must say. I am forced to go EVERYWHERE with my husband which isnt bad until he reminds me how much he absolutely hates shopping! So yes, something tells me I need to make other friends so this place can be somewhat enjoyable! Any girls who are willing to actually talk to get to know one another and eventually be good buddies & a good shopping friend let me know.
I recently moved here from the U.S. & its only my husband & I here. We have been married for a little over a year & a half & are here for work! WE are both Muslim, Palestinian.
Im 23 so I hope to find someone in my close age group considering I would like to have friends who I can have alot in common with (although I have lots of older friends which I always learn are great to have considering they are wiser ;)
Anyhow, well thats that...I cant say that Im a forums person....but here it goes, I am willing to give it a try and see how things go....
Oh & btw...Id love to meet a true Saudi girl to have as a friend..Im astounded by your culture and traditions and feel like although I may not share the same exact traditions, we will have alot in common because at the end of the day we are all middle eastern & are bound to understand one another!
Thanks!
-Sahar

Sahar,

My wife is a 27 year old Syrian. She should arrive in Riyadh in November - ish. She will also need some shopping friends.

Bhills

Correct me guys if I m wrong but I still feel we are making our lives nothing but complicated.Why we want everything in this world?Why we just cant be content?I always considered myself too independent and misfit for the country like Pakistan,totally spoiled material.My mom always got mad at me for my xtra social activities and due to my excessive driving she always asked if i have wheels fitted instead of feet :P ..I only know if woman lyk me can get settled happily in Riyadh then anyone can.
Dont compromise too hard but try to be content and enjoy those little moments which were not too precious for u before coming to Saudi......
You will feel better:)

Bhills,
That sounds great, I look forward to virtually meeting your wife. Let me know when shes in town or whenever she joins the forum!
Thanks.