Moving to Ecuador in July 2015

I will arrive at age 72 in reasonable good condition other than a breathing issue at above 3,500' or 4,500' depending on pollution. At this point I am looking for a central point to the West of the Andes in the foot hills. From there I will explore the Western slops looking for a place to call home. 4 to 6 months may be realistic. At that time I should have paper work in order and will have my house hold goods shipped ... one move only! 

Do the indigenous Indians welcome Yanks who speak Español reasonably well. I have lived and worked in México for 10 years. Within months I hope to do well with the Ecuadorian dialect. 

Thanking-you in advance.

Regards,

Tom

Tom, i have been in Puerto Lopez most of the last 18 months.  I speak only a little Spanish and have never had anyone tell me anything about not speaking their language better.   i have found the people to very lay back, and have a good temperament.  The people I have come to know are very kind and helpful people.  I have tried to stayed away from the bigger cities so I can not speak to how the people are there.    I wish you well here in Ecuador.