Any tips on how to find potential students for Math/Science class?

Hi everyone,

My name is Thao Nguyen and I've just come back to Vietnam this year after spending 7 years living overseas. I'm working at a start-up company right now but I also give private tutoring class for supplementary income. Usually, the students' parents got to know me through word-of-mouth and I have never posted an ads before. However, I'm suspecting that there is a large demand for Maths/Sciences private tutoring class out there and I want to establish a school which can offer Maths and Scienes tutoring class for students who are studying GCSE, A's level, IB or SAT in Vietnam. Hence, is there any good ideas about marketing strategy for my tutoring service?

Here are some which i can think of:
1. Post ads on expat forum ( which are the most popular expat forums in HCM? )
2.Put a banner in front of international schools in Sai Gon
3. Run a digital marketing campaign.
Does it sound alright?

Here is my quick academic background:
-    Singapore Ministry of Education Scholarship (2007).
-     Macquarie University International Student Scholarship (2011).
-     2250 SAT score.
-    Bachelor of Commerce ( Macquarie University, Australia)

If you want to find a caring private tutor for your children or have any advices for me , please contact me at 01229689761 or [email protected] for further information. ( I speak Vietnamese, English and Spanish)

SavannahN wrote:

1. Post ads on expat forum ( which are the most popular expat forums in HCM? )

OK if you want Foreigner students.

SavannahN wrote:

2.Put a banner in front of international schools in Sai Gon

Good way to lose your cell number. The Peoples Committee has an arrangement that anyone postering or painting adverts will have their cell number killed. That's why VN cities are so clean compared to other countries.

YOU CAN however hire students to handout leaflets in their schools as they do at traffic lights.

Question: What is your intended audience - VN or Foreigner?

Hi
I'm looking for a tutor to teach Math/Physiology/Chemistry in English/Vietnamese for 8th grade student following the program of this school http://www.ssis.edu.vn

I'm wondering if you're capable to do this? If yes, please pm me! Thanks!

Regards,
Vi

Good way to lose your cell number. The Peoples Committee has an arrangement that anyone postering or painting adverts will have their cell number killed. That's why VN cities are so clean compared to other countries. => woww... I don't even know this even though I'm a Vietnamese ( shame on me). Many thanks for your advice!

Hi Vi. Yes, I can do it. But i need to talk to the student first to find out which teaching method would suit him and also discuss about the schedule. You would please give me a call @ 01229689761 or email me @ [email protected]. Thank you!