The best spots in prague

Do you know the best spots in Prague?

Hi,

what kind of spots are you looking for ? Restaurants, pubs, museums, parks maybe ?

bon restaurants par exemple.

Hi,

I haven't been there yet. My cousin owns Prague Underground. I live in the US right now and am wanting to see the world. Go and (moderated: no ads please) and see about it. You'll have a blast!

Pete

Hello,
We posted an introduction to the best districts, neighborhoods and shopping outlets for expats in Prague. You can see it here:
athomenetwork.blogspot.com/2010/07/quick-tips-on-prague-living.html

Thanks,
Lindsay

Hi Lindsay!

Maybe you could contribute to the topic by sharing on the forum so that other members can benefit from it!

Thanks and regards
Armand

Sure!
Quick Tips on Prague Living
An interview with our Prague expert and At Home manager, Ulrika Uhrová. Learn where she eats, plays and shops. She advises on districts to live in and weighs the pros and cons of various food stores and markets.

Where do most expats live?
Families in Prague 4, 5 and 6. Singles and families with no children choose Prague 1, 2 and 5.

What is your favorite district?
I love Prague 2 because it's very close to the centre but without tourists and it's full of great inexpensive restaurants, cafes and parks. Oh, and because I don't have children.

What district are the schools in?
British schools are in Prague 4, American school is in Prague 6, German school and French lyceeum are in Prague 5.

Any other popular districts?
It's not about a postcode in Prague :). Our clients choose Prague 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 mainly. Prague 3 and 10 are also popular. Very rarely we look for housing in Prague 7, 8 and 9 as they are far from the centre.

Where to Czechs go for a weekend park outing?
We like the great outdoors. Many people have weekend cottages. In winter we like to ski, so Krkonose mountains up north are popular. Otherwise Prague itself provides plenty of entertainment. Check out
praguewelcome.cz/en/ and praha.eu/jnp/en/home/index.html
for Prague events or
kudyznudy.cz/cs/index.html
for out of Prague possibilities.

What are your favorite restaurants? What are the most popular expat-friendly restaurants?
There are so many great restaurants in Prague. Staff speaks English, menus are in English. I'd generally recommend to not eat in Prague 1, where you can pay double for what you'd pay just few street away in Prague 2.
However, Aromi is the best Italian restaurant in town but little on more expensive side:
aromi.cz/
One of my personal favourites in Prague 2 is Baba Jaga:
restauracebabajaga.cz/kontakt.htm

What's your preferred supermarket?
For your big weekly shopping you want to go to one of the bif malls on the outskirts. For Prague 6 to Šestka, hypermarket Hyperalbert, which is cheap. There is also one in Prague 4 in a mall Chodov. If you are in the centre, you can park and shop in Tesco in Anděl, Prague 5 or Flora in Prague 3 in supermarket Albert, but you can queue for long time for a till as it gets busy. Also parking is only free for 2 hours, unless you go to cinema, in which case you can get it prolonged. Otherwise there are many little supermarkets (Albert, Tesco Express and Billa, all good) in the centre and little Vietnamese shops provide fresh fruit and vegetables and your basic groceries. They are open from early til late and are good value for money.

What are the best outdoor food markets?
The best one is in Holesovice in Prague 7. You can everything there all year around. Please see the link below for details:
holesovickatrznice.cz/en/markets.html/17_35-zeleninove-trziste
Also markets at Kubánské náměstí in Prague 10 are easily accessible by public transport.

What is the best way to get around Prague?
As in every big city, traffic gets heavy during the day. However, using public transport in Prague is easy. All you need to know is the names of the stops and the following site will tell you how to get there: dpp.cz/en/