What is to like to live in female shared accommodation?

Hello,

I am considering to move to Dammam. The agency (m2r global) provides female teachers with accommodation. It is not on a compound. Has any of you girls/ladies ever lived in such flats?

Any opinions on that will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

Did they give you a name for the apartment complex/hotel apartments or whatever it is.

Ermm no, I will ask though. Why, do they differ much?

You need to ask them if they it is a furnished hotel apartment or a residential complex and also details on facilities if any. In general the apartments are not big with very bad ventilation or room for light. You will have limited communal networking/socializing.

Hello Milishka,

Wow, shared accommodations with several women, every man's dream!  :lol:

But seriously, now........ It can be both a blessing or a curse depending on your own personality and that of your prospective "roomies". Have you ever shared with anyone before? It's not like being at home and you're going to be the low woman in the pecking order.

Any interpersonal relationships have their successes and their failures too. You are going to need to grow a thick skin in most cases, you will probably have to adjust to the idiosyncracies, excentricities and possibly some annoying personal habits of your "roomies". It's not like living with your family where everybody will tend to get along together most of the time.

Another thing you're going to want to check out is whether or not there is more than one bathroom where you'll be bunking in. Sorry to sound chauvinistic (because I'm really not) but you gals spend lots more time in the bathroom than we guys do, we have so much less to do.... quick shave, shower and that's about it for us. You may find yourself being pressured to take less time in the bathroom, or worse still need to struggle to find any time there at all.

Hope all goes well for you. Good luck............. BTW, who ever said being an expat would be easy??? So many factor to think about that most of us probably never imagine until our "boots hit the ground".

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hmmm, thanks a lot!! Indeed, there are so many things one has to consider! I have shared for a number of years so I know what to expect (more or less). I assume it would be much easier to live on a compound in a one bedroom flat. I am sure some agencies offer that! Hmmm ...

Thanks for that! I am not too keen on that idea to to be honest, would much rather live on a compound x

I dont know why im here ... But im going to say welcome to your scound country ... :gloria

Thanks! Sorry but what do you mean by 'scound'?
Scoundrel has a rather negative meaning  :cool:

Milishka wrote:

Thanks! Sorry but what do you mean by 'scound'?
Scoundrel has a rather negative meaning  :cool:

scound=Second

Spelling mistake really sorry ...  :dumbom:

Private:

Look to the bright side always ... :whistle:

Haha, no worries!  :D

shared accommodation is not as ideal as we have it somewhere,

but here, i find it privacy depriving, as just the other day, i was doing my laundry when the guy worker came in i didn't know he is in our villa, and he saw me adjusting my boobs on my bra and that is really annoying!

Lucky dude :p

Hello, I live near dammam and it's a nice city. You've got a few things to do and as long as you make some friends and keep busy on the weekends you'll be fine. I don't know where your coming from or read this thread but come with a positive attitude and avoid any negativity.

As far as accommodation is concerned, you'll be ok as if it's not up to scratch you can ask to change.

Regards

Maz