RM8000 Offer in Malaysia

Hi,
I work in India earning 800,000 INR pa and could save around 25k per month. Now got an offer for RM8000 in Malaysia(Cyberjaya) so planning to move along with my wife and 1 year old kid.   
Please let me know whether it's a good idea to accept the offer and travel along with my family. And how much could I save per month post tax.

As per your present salary, RM 10000 is acceptable package. Try to negotiate.

Hi Kumar,
Thanks for the info. Already tried it but no luck will ask for it again :(
But if they are not ready to negotiate is it advisable to accept the offer and will there be any piece of saving?

Hi Boopesh,

Initially there were some Tax deductions of 25% for first 6 months (Can claim and revert back in next year) but for the first 6 months you need to suffer. Also as you are coming with your wife and kid, you cannot save more than 60000INR per month. RM8000 will not be a good offer. Suggest you to try in India. If you ask any experts in this site, they say a big NO. I don't want to discourage you but try for negotiating your Employer. But savings will not be more than 60000INR.

See the forums and decide yourself...

Hello boopesh.d

I invite you to check out other threads having the same issue as yours in our Cost of living in Malaysia section so as to be able to compare your salary offer.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Kumar,

Many thanks for the info. Now I am clear and have told the employer that please proceed only if the offer is above 10K. Thanks again for the inputs

Hi Kenjee,

Many Thanks for the link. Will make use of it

agree with kumar.