Is 6400 SGD per Month appropriate salary? How tax is calculated?

Dear Experts,

Sorry, for the old boring discussion but your replies are going to help me a lot.

I am an Indian, Electronics Engineer, having around 6 years of experience and recently, got 6400 SGD/month offer from a Singaporean company.

----------(1)----------
Will it be a wise decision to accept the offer and move to Singapore with my FAMILY (Wife + 1 kid - 7 years old )?
If yes, How much I will be able to SAVE, if I go for an AVERAGE life style?

I would be grateful if someone posts few LATEST FIGURES about cost of living including :
1BHK flat Rent, School fees, Food, Electricity, Internet, TV Cable charges...

----------(2)----------
Also little bit confused about tax, to be paid.
As per my knowledge tax must be paid in the month of December every year.

For example, I am moving to Singapore from 1st November, 2014 onwards........
How much I will be paying in December,2014 ..... December, 2015 ..... December, 2016 ? [As per Resident and Non-resident tax rates/ rules and Year of Assessment].

Do I have to pay MORE tax for first 6 months (183 days) as I fall in non-resident category?

----------(3)----------
What ADDITIONAL BENEFITS should I get/ask from/to the company? For example, medical insurance, annual tickets...etc.

----------(4)----------
As I am also a physically disabled, are there special facilities/ schemes provided by government for persons like me?

Thanks

I will enter my replies below in blue:

new2sg wrote:

I am an Indian, Electronics Engineer, having around 6 years of experience and recently, got 6400 SGD/month offer from a Singaporean company.

----------(1)----------
Will it be a wise decision to accept the offer and move to Singapore with my FAMILY (Wife + 1 kid - 7 years old )?
If yes, How much I will be able to SAVE, if I go for an AVERAGE life style?
How much money you need depends on your lifestyle (there is NO average!) and individual spending choices. Read similar threads on this forum or visit www.numbeo.org to find out more about daily living expenses.

I would be grateful if someone posts few LATEST FIGURES about cost of living including :
1BHK flat Rent, School fees, Food, Electricity, Internet, TV Cable charges...
There are almost no 1BHK flats, and the few cost the same or more than 2-bedroom units, which range from S$2400-3000/month (if HDB - basic government housing) or S$3000-5000/month (if Condo - private apartments with facilities), depending on location and amenities.
School fees are around S$500/month at public schools, but it is very difficult for foreigners to get a place. Private schools cost S$1500-3000/month.
I would budget S$600-800/month per person for all other daily expenses (simple lifestyle, luxuries and travel excluded - please note that smoking, alcohol and cars are particularly expensive in Singapore and should be avoided if possible!).
Altogether, at that salary you will be able to survive, but not save much. The average Singaporean household also has three members and an average income of S$7000/month - but the locals don't pay rent!

----------(2)----------
Also little bit confused about tax, to be paid.
As per my knowledge tax must be paid in the month of December every year.

For example, I am moving to Singapore from 1st November, 2014 onwards........
How much I will be paying in December,2014 ..... December, 2015 ..... December, 2016 ? [As per Resident and Non-resident tax rates/ rules and Year of Assessment].

Do I have to pay MORE tax for first 6 months (183 days) as I fall in non-resident category?
You pay 15% non-resident tax initially, but this will be reimbursed later when you are above 6 months stay. Resident tax rates are low and can be checked at www.iras.gov.sg.

----------(3)----------
What ADDITIONAL BENEFITS should I get/ask from/to the company? For example, medical insurance, annual tickets...etc.
You should get as much as you are worth for the company.
There is no standard and everything depends on your negotiation skills and the company's generosity.
Generally Expat-package-style additional perks are becoming rare - and specifically Indians are often offered less than they should, because there are too many of your fellow countrymen desperate to move here.
In most cases, your employment contract will include some medical coverage and sometimes this can be extended (for a fee) to family members. Check the company's HR policies!

----------(4)----------
As I am also a physically disabled, are there special facilities/ schemes provided by government for persons like me?
I have never heard of any.