Working in Marseille

Hi

I wondered if anyone had any advice regarding the following...

I work as a solicitor in insurance litigation in a law firm in Manchester.  I am 3 years qualified.  I am considering a move (very much in the early stages) to near Marseille and looking for job opportunities in and around Marseille/Aix.  I wondered if anyone had any advice/tips for careers within international companies that require only English speakers.  I studied French to A-Level (aged 18) in the UK and have recently picked this up again with plans to do courses/one to one tuition to get me back up to speed and improve on my written/spoken French. Whilst I have a legal background, I am happy to consider both legal and non-legal based careers. I just wondered what was available and whether there are any reputable recruiters that could be suggested.

Thanks in advance!

Everyone I know that found a job (except those in the sciences) here in Marseille found a job through personal networking. One through visiting companies she was interested in (and she spoke fluent French), one through going to Internations events (and she speaks okay French).  I think in Marseille almost all jobs are filled by networking, it is very much a 'who you know' type of city.  So if you have time to come and live here for a while, and go around to different businesses and firms you are interested in, and you have the funds to do so without a job straight away, I think that would be the 'easiest' and fastest way for you to find a job.

Thank you, that is good to know. Would prefer job security before making any move but its helpful to know that's how it works.