Visa Independent Professional

Hello,
My name is Marcel and moving to Lima in the near future. Sins I'm a photographer I'm looking for information on a working visa for independent professionals. I hope there is somebody here that can help me, or give me some advise.
I will probably start doing jobs like wedding photography or photo shoots for individuals. I don't know how this is regulated because of course I don't want to get in trouble for not paying taxes. Eventually I will also do corporate photography so by than a working visa must be required.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards,

Marcel

How long do you plan to stay? Because there are both temporary and "permanent" visas.

http://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php … esidentes/

Hello Marcel,

When you're talking about immigrations the term "Independent Professional" does not mean SELF EMPLOYED, but rather refers to those professions that require university degrees and licensing by regulatory bodies in order to exercise the profession. Things like Medical Doctors, engineers, architects, lawyers, etc. It's this way in all South American countries and their respective immigrations authorities are going to want to see apostiled degrees that in most cases must also be "legalized" by the country's Consulate in your home country as well. Somehow I get the distinct impression that a photographer isn't going to fall anywhere within that very specific legal definition. If you read the link posted by defuera the section relating to Independent Professionals makes it quite clear that the visa is for these kinds of professions.

Also unless you are fluent in Spanish which is spoken in all South American nations except Brazil, or in Portuguese for Brazil you're going to find it extremely difficult to establish a clientele and be able to communicate with them.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team