Do you know someone willing to act as a tour guide?

I am a Canadian male going to visit Quito , Mindo and Otavalo area for a week next month. Am wondering if any of you may have a local contact who speaks english and might be willing to act as a tour guide so to speak. I am of course willing to pay them for their time. I enjoy hiking, trail riding and seeing nature. Any suggestions ?
Bushcountry

Hi bushcountry,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Ecuador forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

I suggest you to post your request for a tourist guide in the Tourist guide job offers in Ecuador section, it might help you.

You may also have a look at this page : Tourist Guide in Ecuador.

Good luck

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello Bushcountry;

Are you looking to view sites as a tourist or are you looking to explore those areas from the eyes of the locals? There is a BIG difference.

May I suggest you contact Dom Buonamicia who is the owner of Quito Airport Suites in Qutio. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

Tel from Ecuador: 0988899774
Tel from abroad: 593-988899774
AirportHotelQuito.com
[email protected]

The best in your explorations
Kenneth Director of LojoWelcomeCenter.com

Lots of tour guides out there who speak very good English and know the country well--check out Gringo Post fro recommendations.