Where to register a new Vietnamese business

Hello, does anyone know the Vietnamese name of the government agency where a Vietnamese person can register a new business? Thank you

Hi friend,

The process of register a new local company will not be tough if of course you know how to do, where to go. Unfortunately, it is not the case where we seem to know nothing. Therefore, I suggest you to find a law agent who can help you do everything.

My suggestion is "Công Ty Luật TNHH Nguyễn & Cộng Sự"
Address: room 107, No. 7 Nam Quoc Cang, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, D1, HCMC

As I research, the total cost for the service will not excess 1,500,000 VND. You can contact them and find more information. Hope this can be useful for you

Luan

Company registration is a PROVINCIAL MATTER - therefore registering HCM is a waste of time and money.

Check out: Ba Ria-Vung Tau Government web site.

Note:
1. You will need a VNese 'partner';
2. You cannot do business from your home address (Foreigner rule) - so rent a table somewhere and pay them $50/year unless you have a place.
3. Include 'consultant' on your company description.
4. You will need a lawyer, likely, in Vung Tau. He most likely knows the short cuts.

Hi!

To register for business license, you should go to Ho Chi Minh Department of Planing & Investment (DPI). You can assign some attorney to do it on the behalf of you because of the complexity of the process & paper works.

You can come here http://www.moj.gov.vn/en/Pages/home.aspx to check for information you need.

Sorry Jaitch, I don't know where you get those information but they are mostly wrong based on what I'm doing. Foreigners can register to be owner of his/her business, no need any Vietnamese partner. It depends on which kind of company he/she is registering.

OP, you can contact me if you wanna know more.

Agree with BMT  :)
1. Contact a lawyer or law firm which provides these services in VT.
Registration fee
Lawyer fee
Company seal = All below 3000.000

2. Rent a Virtual office = 200.000 - 500.000 (They will display your company name there and redirect your official mails
3. Accountant Office = 500.000 - 700.000 /month
Tax Office/ Token (Digital signature) fee = 1089.000 & first time tax for 6 months = 500.000 / approval within a month.
Some company provide all. Otherwise you should find it yourself.
Better appoint someone to avoid hassles  :)
There are so many poor lawyers here  :)  Let them live!

Don't you know that he is a TIGER?  :)
Do you think he is ignorant?
Em oi! He just helped the OP from excess money spending.
Of Course foreigners can register under their name as a 100% Foreign Investment Company. But the problem is he  need to spend too much money. Be wise. Business in Vietnam is not a golden apple tree  :)

Scarletvn wrote:

Sorry Jaitch, I don't know where you get those information but they are mostly wrong based on what I'm doing. Foreigners can register to be owner of his/her business, no need any Vietnamese partner. It depends on which kind of company he/she is registering.

Scarletvn wrote:

To register for business license, you should go to Ho Chi Minh Department of Planing & Investment (DPI). You can assign some attorney to do it on the behalf of you because of the complexity of the process & paper works.

You can come here http://www.moj.gov.vn/en/Pages/home.aspx to check for information you need.

My last registration required a VNese citizen. Perhaps the rules have changed again.

Vung Tau is not HCM, yet, so the registration has to be done there.

I set my businesses up in HCM as they are business friendly there, then I transfer them.

HCM actually sends people out to check premises etc. They enforce the no businesses at Foreigner residences rule.

A lawyer is a definite advantage (and I am tight with my money - but I use lawyers).

Jaitch,
If they come to ones house and find no business going on, and they go to ones patch office and also find no business going on, then what and where is the business?

cvco wrote:

Jaitch,
If they come to ones house and find no business going on, and they go to ones patch office and also find no business going on, then what and where is the business?

That's why I said consulting! All my businesses are consulting also for developing work-at-home projects for single mothers.  (Not on the InterNet or stuffing envelopes)

So the tax people have to make appointments. And I only accept SMS.

P.S. Our accountant is a former. retired, tax man - works wonders.

Thanks Jaitch, got it.

Thank you, I will put all this together and go from there.

I got this from  http://hcmc.angloinfo.com/information/w … -business/

"Vietnam became the 150th member of the World Trade Organisation (WHO) in 2007. This opened the door for foreigners to invest and operate businesses in Vietnam. Individuals and organisations are allowed to choose their area of investment, the structure of their business and the method by which capital is raised, as long as their choices are in compliance with Vietnamese law, international treaties and commitments.

Opening a foreign-owned business in Vietnam is possible and even encouraged by the Vietnamese government, although the laws are complex and the process can be complicated. Modern business law is in its infancy in Vietnam. Laws and regulations may be incomplete, ambiguous and subject to conflicting interpretations by different government agencies. Having the help of an experienced and well-connected Vietnamese law firm is highly recommended.

Foreigners are permitted to own and operate their own businesses in Vietnam, either through indirect or direct foreign investment. Indirect investment can be made by individuals or organisations that can buy shares in Vietnamese firms or invest through stocks, investment funds or use other intermediate financial instruments. Businesses that are wholly foreign-owned or are participating in joint ventures with a Vietnamese business are considered to be direct foreign investments.

Types of Business
There are many foreign-owned small businesses in Vietnam, as well as a growing presence of international firms and franchises.

There are three business structures available for those who want to open a business in Vietnam. The business may be:

A 100 percent foreign-owned sole proprietorship or partnership
A joint venture enterprise
A business cooperative that is owned and controlled by the people who use its services"

Hi I am Wei Ming here I am from Singapore. I wanted to start a small business in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh. Do you mind sharing some ideas or can you just intro me some one who can help me?

popobe wrote:

Hi I am Wei Ming here I am from Singapore. I wanted to start a small business in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh. Do you mind sharing some ideas or can you just intro me some one who can help me?

The way I have understood this in the past is that if you know what you are doing, like a local, you can do it yourself. If you dont know, you should hire a lawyer to do it for you. Some of them advertise in Expat.com and others you can google.

As I am interested myself, I went to Sai Gon this past November and talked to lawyers about it. The fees from one are about USD20,000 to make a company. But there are many lawyers so you have to interview them and then come back and tell us what happened :)

I also find some conflicting information regarding incorporation for foreigners. Are you all talking about a limited company here?

I would like to set up a limited company, does anyone know if there is a minimum of capital to invest for that type of company? In Thailand there are quite a lot of capital required for that, but they seem to be a special case.

And would it be possible, like in my case for example, to go to Vietnam on a tourist visa and set that up?

The minimal capital depends on sector of business your company will be registered in, not type of company (well, sometimes it does some affect but not an important fact).

Sure, you can use your tourist visa while you are here to set up your business.

Hi Scarlet,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, so to register a private ltd is free, that's interesting. Do you know where I can find a list of those sectors?

The business I will set up is in an IT-related field, only selling its services to Scandinavian companies.

Magnus_Sweden wrote:

Hi Scarlet,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, so to register a private ltd is free, that's interesting. Do you know where I can find a list of those sectors?

The business I will set up is in an IT-related field, only selling its services to Scandinavian companies.

I didn't say there's no fee to register a company here. I was talking about investment capital and they are different things.
You should ask your consulting or lawyer the list. It's a thick book & all in Vietnamese. Normally they'll have it.

You could do it yourself by visiting the department of planning and investment and stay in the queue...alternatives is to seek help from lawyers in Vietnam or use a law firm in Vietnam.  You have to pay but your time costs anyway!  Cheers, Jenny.